Ketan Mehta finalises Nawazuddin for ‘Mountain Man’August 17th, 2012 - 6:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 17 (IANS) Director Ketan Mehta has chosen Nawazuddin Siddhiqui to act in his upcoming film “Mountain Man”, a biopic on a Bihar-based labourer who did the herculean task of cutting a road through a mountain.
“Yes, I have chosen him for the film. He is a great actor and I feel that he suits the role really well. This is why I went for Nawazuddin,” Mehta told IANS.
“Mountain Man” is a biopic, based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi from Nagar, Gehlaur, Gaya. In 22 years, he cut a 300-metre-long and 25-ft-wide road through a mountain to link Ghivra mauja of Dashrath Nagar, in Gehlaur Ghati to Atara Prakhand, Wajirganj thereby reducing the distance from 75 kilometres to just one kilometre.
Manjhi, fondly called Mountain Man, died in 2007. He was 70.
The movie will be shot in Bihar and the director said: “We are still finalising the last schedule at the moment. Once that is done, we will start shooting. The shooting will be held on location in Bihar.”
The rest of the cast has not been chosen yet and the director said that they are still working that out. “It should be finalised by the end of this month,” he added.
Mehta is also working on another biopic titled “Noor”. It revolves around the life of legendary World War II spy, Noor Inayat Khan.
- Negotiating with Katrina for 'Noor': Ketan Mehta - Jul 26, 2012
- Wither metalled road? Dashrath Manjhi's dream lies unfulfilled - Jun 11, 2009
- Nawazuddin aims to be highest paid actor - Aug 30, 2012
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- Anoushka to play for memorial to legendary spy - Nov 07, 2011
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' runs houseful - Jun 22, 2012
- Dalit killed for plucking two brinjals in Bihar village - Nov 10, 2010
- Bihar woman lynched for practicing 'witchcraft' - Aug 01, 2012
- Two of gang selling arms to Maoists held - Aug 09, 2010
- Anglo-Indian heroine of Churchill's spy squad to be honoured - Jan 04, 2011
- Tipu Sultan's descendant to get a memorial in Britain - Sep 11, 2010
- Nitish Kumar floats 99 lamps to kickstart Bihar Divas - Mar 22, 2011
- British MPs support memorial for Tipu's descendant Noor Inayat in UK - Jun 25, 2010
- Man hacks his brother to death, hangs himself - Oct 03, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011