Kerry Katona thought she was an alienApril 29th, 2009 - 12:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 29 (ANI): Former Atomic Kitten Kerry Katona thought she was an alien during her five-year struggle with bipolar disorder.
The singer, who was at the Oxford Union with hubby Mark Croft to deliver a talk, revealed the effects the manic depression had on her.
“I sat on the bed and said, ‘Mark, I’m an alien’ - and I really thought I was an alien,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“I didn’t brush my teeth for a week. It’s part of my personality,” she added.
The 28-year-old got back with her better half last month just two weeks after they split.
The disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a category of mood disorders defined by the presence of one or more episodes of abnormally elevated mood clinically referred to as mania or, if milder, hypomania. (ANI)
- Kerry Katona splits from Mark Croft for 3rd time this year - Jul 25, 2009
- Katona's ex-husband took cash bribes to betray her - Mar 08, 2010
- Kerry Katona fears estranged hubby will expose sex videos - Jun 28, 2010
- Karzai calls mood swings story 'funny' - Oct 11, 2010
- Psychiatric disorders linked to risky sexual behaviour in adolescents - Sep 29, 2010
- Bipolar patients may be at risk for high BP - Jun 11, 2010
- Kerry Katona dumps beau - Jul 25, 2010
- Sheen praised for bipolar awareness walk - Apr 18, 2011
- Psychotic-like symptoms linked to poor outcomes in depression patients - Dec 07, 2010
- Mark Croft on wife Kerry Katona: I f***ing hate her - Mar 07, 2010
- Second opinion helps pinpoint bipolar disorder - Mar 13, 2011
- Kerry Katona splits from beau - Jul 26, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan not suffering from bipolar disorder - Aug 03, 2010
- Kerry Katona, Mark Croft play blame game for kids' custody - Jul 04, 2010
- Kerry Katona being sued for thousands by sacked nanny - Jul 11, 2010