Kerr launches anti-suicide campaignAugust 29th, 2011 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 29 (IANS) Supermodel Miranda Kerr has launched a TV campaign in an effort to prevent youngsters from committing suicide.
Orlando Bloom’s wife was left devastated when her cousin took his life in 2009, and she has been vocal to raise suicide prevention awareness.
“The sadness of losing someone, especially in these circumstances, is something we live with and we continually question how it could be prevented,” contactmusic.com quoted Kerr as saying.
Kerr launched the campaign for the Too Many, Too Soon Kids Helpline this weekend.
“There’s not really a great awareness about the services available to kids and that’s why I’m behind this great cause. If we can reach just one child and let them know there is someone out there who wants to listen, that could help to save their life. I believe if my cousin had known of Kids Helpline it may well have saved his life,” she added.
- Kerr backs anti-suicide helpline - Nov 22, 2010
- Pregnant Miranda Kerr supports anti-suicidal helpline - Nov 22, 2010
- Miranda Kerr's attention-seeking son - Aug 30, 2012
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom Become Proud Parents Of Baby Boy - Jan 09, 2011
- Bikini-clad Miranda Kerr shows off flawless post-baby bod - Apr 19, 2011
- Bloom to save endangered butterflies - Aug 16, 2011
- Kerr loved pregnant catwalk - May 22, 2012
- Supermodel Miranda Kerr Is Pregnant - Aug 20, 2010
- Bloom to juggle family life with career - Aug 23, 2010
- No trouble in marriage: Miranda Kerr - Jul 25, 2012
- Orlando will be a great dad, says Miranda Kerr - Jul 12, 2010
- Kerr's son loves chanting - Dec 02, 2011
- Orlando-Miranda love letters framed - Nov 03, 2011
- Kerr credits "love" for her good looks - Aug 09, 2011
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom anticipating their 1st baby's birth - Dec 28, 2010