Kerala government company to produce films, upgrade theatresJuly 6th, 2012 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 6 (IANS) The Kerala Financial Corporation (KFC), a state-owned financier, Friday announced that it would grant funds to produce films, revamping of theatres and construction of new multiplexes.
Finance Minister K.M. Mani announced the scheme that is expected to usher in fresh activity in the cash strapped Malayalam film industry. Under the scheme, filmmakers can avail a loans up to Rs.2 crore for films, documentaries and television serials.
Mani handed over a cheque of Rs.75 lakh to Sandhya Rajendran and Rajendran, producers of the upcoming film “Hide & Seek”, being made under the banner of Kalidasan International at the function.
The second scheme will focus on modernisation, upgradation and expansion of existing theatres and for building new multiplexes. The body offers loans upto Rs.20 crore on easy terms with a provision for routing part of daily collections at these centres to the loan account.
- Tagore cultural complexes scheme announced - May 18, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh youth to get Youth Commission - Jan 13, 2012
- SAIL pays government Rs.425.36 crore interim dividend (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Home loans up to Rs.15 lakh get 1 percent cheaper - Jul 04, 2012
- Malayalam movie industry in throes of crisis - Nov 16, 2011
- Air India board to meet Tuesday - Nov 29, 2011
- SBI reduces educational loan rates by up to 1 percent - Feb 27, 2012
- Madras High Court stays release of 'Aarakshan' - Aug 08, 2011
- Age-old Technicians Studio to be revamped: Mamata - Sep 30, 2011
- Omar gives nod to loans schemes for youth entrepreneurs - Feb 01, 2012
- Revamped health insurance scheme launched - Jan 11, 2012
- Handloom weavers to get credit card, interest subsidy - Nov 19, 2011
- Salman Khan: star on ascendant, never mind the film - Sep 03, 2011
- Air India to raise Rs.7,400 crore in three months - Jul 16, 2012
- Government to pay Rs.150 crore dues to help Air India - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: amp, cheque, crore, documentaries, film industry, filmmakers, finance minister, financier, lakh, loan account, multiplexes, producers, provision, rajendran, rs 2, sandhya, television serials, upcoming film, upgradation, usher