Kennedy Miniseries: Showtime May Get It After History Washes HandsJanuary 11th, 2011 - 12:07 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
History channel has already washed its hands off the affair of airing the controversy-prone mini-series on ‘The Kennedys’. Though, it was slated to air the 8 part series in spring this year, it pulled out citing that such documented drama does not go with its brand.
But people who were eager to watch Katie Holmes as Jacqueline Kennedy need not be thoroughly disappointed. The producers are looking elsewhere for the airing of the much anticipated series in USA.
The Showtime has been approached by the bosses to air this miniseries. But Showtime is unlikely to make a decision in haste. Spokesman Richard Licata has stated that Showtime would make a final decision on the issue only after its executives get an opportunity to see it.
8 years ago, CBS had made a movie about President Reagan that the Showtime was supposed to broadcast. But owing to some resistance from the political family, Showtime had to back out of the proceedings.
‘The Kennedy’ miniseries was most expensive project of History network and starred actors like Greg Kinnear (John F Kennedy) and Katie Holmes (Jackie Kennedy). But History network has found it unfit to air the series after watching the finished product.
Meanwhile, the airing rights have been sold to countries like Canada but the US audience is still waiting its turn to watch the much awaited programme. It is to be seen if Showtime goes ahead with the project or will some other network grab it!
- 'The Kennedys' miniseries shot down - Jan 08, 2011
- Katie Holmes starrer 'The Kennedys' now set to air on ReelzChannel - Feb 02, 2011
- 'The Kennedys' to be screened on BBC Two - Mar 25, 2011
- ReelzChannel to finally air controversial Katie Holmes' 'The Kennedys' - Feb 02, 2011
- Kennedy Mini-Series Cancelled By History Channel - Jan 09, 2011
- Katie Holmes was 'shocked' when History Channel axed 'The Kennedys' - Mar 31, 2011
- Katie Holmes playing Jackie Kennedy - Jul 01, 2010
- Katie Holmes to play JFK's wife in telly mini-series - Apr 29, 2010
- Mila Kunis to play Jacqueline Kennedy? - Mar 02, 2012
- Katie Holmes to play Jacqueline Kennedy - Apr 29, 2010
- Greg Kinnear To Play President J.F. Kennedy In History Miniseries - Apr 29, 2010
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
- Ex-Kennedy aid slams mini-series starring Katie Holmes - May 01, 2010
- American liberals express outrage over `warped' Kennedy mini-series - Apr 30, 2010
- Katie Holmes can't stop gushing about Jacqueline Kennedy's wardrobe - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: 8 years, controversy, final decision, finished product, greg kinnear, haste, history channel, history network, jackie kennedy, jacqueline kennedy, john f kennedy, katie holmes, kennedys, licata, mini series, president reagan, showtime, spokesman, spring this year, us audience