Kendra Wilkinson to pen memoirJuly 24th, 2009 - 6:01 pm ICT by IBNS
July 24 (IBNS) Pregnant reality star Kendra Wilkinson is trying her skills in writing a memoir.
“I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have a husband I adore, a baby on the way, and now my memoir is going to be published!” she told Simon Spotlight Entertainment, the publisher of her statement.
The book, scheduled to hit stores next summer, will explore Wilkinson’s childhood, her Playboy years (including her time with Hugh Hefner, with whom she split last October), her experience taping The Girls Next Door and Kendra and newlywed life with NFL star Hank Baskett.
The memoir will be a humorous, relatable, fish-out-of-water tale that captures the spirit of one of the most beloved Playboy cover models in history, according to the release.
Adds Jennifer Bergstrom of Simon Spotlight Entertainment: Kendra is so genuine and funny that her memoir is sure to be unique, refreshing, and a reflection of the woman so many people have fallen in love with.
Kendra Wilkinson was born in San Diego, California and is of English and Ukrainian descent. She is the elder of two children; her younger brother is Colin. Her mother, Patti, was originally from Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and had been a cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Her father, Eric, was raised in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania and Ocean City, New Jersey before moving to San Diego, California at age 15. He received a degree in Biochemistry from the University of California San Diego, and went on to found several biotechnology companies, before retiring at the age of 48.
Patti and Eric married on November 5, 1983. They divorced on March 25, 1994 when Kendra was nine. Her grandmother Gloria Wilkinson died in December 2004.
- Kendra Wilkinson's memoir on the way - Jul 24, 2009
- Kendra Wilkinson reveals all her dirty secrets in her memoir - Jul 07, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson Reveals It All In Her Memoir - Jul 07, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson Talks About Hubby Hank Baskett, Marriage And Her New Gadget Pocket - Nov 08, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson 'thrilled to be closer to ex Hugh Hefner' - Nov 01, 2010
- Is Kendra Wilkinson Back On 'Playboy' Cover ? - Nov 11, 2010
- Playboy Mansion Tell-All "Definitely Not" Supported By Kendra Wilkinson - Aug 10, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson not pleased with the 'tell-all' book on Playboy mansion - Aug 10, 2010
- My latest Playboy cover is not a recent shoot: Kendra Wilkinson - Nov 10, 2010
- Hefner congratulates new mum Wilkinson via Twitter - Dec 12, 2009
- Will 'Kendra and Hank' Split Over Publicized Controversy? - May 15, 2010
- The Memoir Of Kendra Wilkinson - Jul 07, 2010
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hugh Hefner still best friends - Nov 02, 2010
- My son is the smartest: Wilkinson - Oct 30, 2011
- Kendra's sex tape sells more than Kardashian's - May 25, 2010
Tags: bryn mawr pennsylvania, california san diego, cherry hill new jersey, cover models, father eric, hugh hefner, kendra wilkinson, luckiest girl in the world, newlywed life, nfl star, ocean city new jersey, philadelphia eagles, playboy cover, san diego california, simon spotlight, spirit of one, spotlight entertainment, ukrainian descent, university of california san diego, writing a memoir