‘Kempe Gowda’ entertaining masala movie (Kannada Movie Review)March 13th, 2011 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Kempe Gowda”; Cast: Sudeep, Raagini, Ravi Shankar, Sharan, Ashok, Girish Karnad, Tara, Chithra Shenoy and others; Producer: Shankare Gowda; Director Sudeep; Camera: S. Krishna; Music Director: Arjun; Rating: *** 1/2
Sudeep directed “Kempe Gowda” is a fast paced entertainer which keeps the audience on tenterhooks throughout the second half. The film, a remake of Surya starrer “Singam”, is a well-packaged film with extraordinary performances by Sudeep as well as Ravishankar, who plays a baddie.
The film boasts of best technical work by cameraman S. Krishna, background score by composer Arjun, fantastic action sequences by Ravi Varma and Danny and well-choreographed songs by Harsha and Pradeep Anthony.
But the songs are not so impressive except “Tara, Tara” and the title number.
Sudeep has perfected the art of remaking non Kannada films and has been giving positive results in offering perfect entertainment to audiences. “Kempe Gowda” shows his brilliance in improvising the substance compared to the original films’ production values, presentation or performance from artists.
In totality, “Kempe Gowda” is as good as as his previous directorial ventures like “My Autograph”, “Veera Madakari and 73″, “Shanthi Nivasa”.
The film has several strong points, but the one thing that stands out is Sudeep’s and Ravishankar’s performances.
Ravishankar plays what Prakash Raj did in “Singam”, and proves his mettle by playing Armugham, a don Bengaluru.
However, there are some points which Sudeep could have focused on and it would have made the film much likeable.
Sharan’s comedy pales in comparison to Vivek’s in the Tamil version.
The film is about a clash between police officer Kempe Gowda and ferocious don Armugham.
Sudeep has clearly excelled as an actor and director of the film. His dialogue delivery, body language and action are perfect feast for his fans. Ravi Shankar matches every bit of it to give a tough competition to Sudeep.
Raagini adds glamour by looking beautiful in songs, but she needs to improve her acting skills.
Girish Karnad, Tara, Ashok and other veteran artists have done their respective roles well.
“Kempe Gowda” is a masala entertainer and audience may lap it up. Watch it for Sudeep and Ravishankar’s performance and fantastic technical values.
- Shankare Gowda To Remake Singam In Kannada As Kempe Gowda - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Dev, Son of Mudde Gowda' fun-filled popcorn film (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Kalla Malla Sulla' must watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 18, 2011
- 'Bhadra', an engaging film (IANS Kannada Film Review) - Aug 14, 2011
- Cold War For Movie Rights - Jul 28, 2010
- Singam' Gets Kannada Makeover: Kempe Gowda! - Jan 11, 2011
- Bad script makes 'Dhan Dhana Dhan' a tedious watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 26, 2011
- Watch 'Veera Parampare' for top class performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Oct 31, 2010
- 'Veera Madakari' could have been more innovative (Kannada Film Review) - Mar 21, 2009
- 'Aarakshaka' boasts of out of the box story, watch it! (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Rambo', a complete entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 09, 2012
- Diganth-Aindrita starrer 'Parijatha' must V-Day watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 12, 2012
- Kannada film industry looks up: Success ratio up (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Mirpakaya' typical Ravi Teja movie, but enjoyable (Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 16, 2011
- 'Narsimha' - must watch for Ravichandran fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,