Kelly Cutrone People’s RevolutionApril 14th, 2009 - 8:48 pm ICT by GD
Kelly Cutrone, born November 13, 1965, is a fashion entrepreneur and the founder of the public relations, branding and marketing firm People’s Revolution. The firm has produced shows for celebrities such as Alexandre Herchcovitch, Rachel Comey, As Four, Jeremy Scott, Pat Fields, Rachel Comey, Atil Kutoglu, Marisa Ribisi, Alvin Valley, Jennifer Nicholson, Nicky Hilton, Paco Rabanne and Vivienne Westwood. The firm currently represents 46 clients, including Longchamp, Vivienne Westwood and Sass & Bide.
On September 11, 2002, Cutrone’s firm had a record breaking number of shoes in a day during the New York Fashion Week with five shows. The reason for this was that she was the only one to agree to produce a show on the first anniversary of the September 11 Terrorist Attacks on America.
Cutrone married Andy Warhol’s protégé, Ronnie Cutrone at 21 and the couple has a daughter named Ava, born in 2002. Cutrone has made appearances on three of MTV’ reality shows: True Life, The Hills, and The City.
Kelly is planning yo bring out a book co-authored by Meredith Bryan, reporter from Observer aimed at “young women who have their sights set on power and success but lack the know-how to attain them.” When compared to the works of Candace Bushnell, Kelly said, “It’s a real girl’s guide to the real f***ing world… Sex and the City was a lot of frosting. I like Candace, and I think she’s a good writer, but this isn’t four girls holding hands running around New York. It’s the real thing.”
- My Paco Rabanne designs to be easily accessible: Manish Arora (Interview) - Feb 22, 2011
- Manish Arora parts ways with Paco Rabanne - May 05, 2012
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- Paco Rabanne announces new artistic director - Jun 06, 2012
- Focussing on global shows, but no Paco Rabanne: Manish Arora (With Image) - May 08, 2012
- Vivienne Westwood thinks Kate Middleton needs to 'catch up with style' - Feb 22, 2011
- Lively not approached for 'Sex and The City' prequel - Feb 09, 2011
- Blake Lively dismisses SATC prequel rumours - Feb 09, 2011
- Indian brocade big time hit among Europeans - Oct 31, 2011
- The Housewives toast to Sonja Morgan, the new arrival! - Apr 18, 2010
- People have ugly dress sense: Westwood - Feb 21, 2012
- Candace Bushnell signs a novel publishing deal with Harper Collins - Apr 12, 2011
- Vivienne Westwood shoes to go on display - Aug 25, 2010
- Not mere tailors, Indian designers hit back - May 13, 2012
- Westwood wants TV talk show - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: alexandre herchcovitch, alvin valley, andy warhol, atil kutoglu, candace bushnell, four girls, jennifer nicholson, jeremy scott, kelly cutrone, marisa ribisi, new york fashion, new york fashion week, nicky hilton, paco rabanne, rachel comey, ronnie cutrone, september 11 terrorist attacks, terrorist attacks on america, vivienne westwood, world sex