Keith Richards’ Part Has Been Cut By DisneyOctober 25th, 2010 - 8:24 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Keith Richards’ part from the next Disney flick, “”Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” the fourth instalment of ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ series will reportedly be chopped off. Disney is apparently offended with Keith Richards new book “Life”, which does not quite synchronize with the business policies and images, which the production house wants to set for the family audiences.
Keith Richards, who is infamous for his drug habits describes in his book, about how consumption of high quality of drugs, taken in moderation is actually good for health and safe way to get stoned. He also says that he attributes his survival to drugs, and how meticulous he is about the quantity he is consuming, to get a healthy life. His description about how drugs keep him high, without risking his sanity, made Disney give a second thought about incorporating his role in the fourth part of “Pirates of The Caribbean”. The production house has always been keen about signing only those artists, who are friendly and healthy enough to be viewed by the family audiences, and his book, “Life”, is nothing but derogatory for this policy of the production company.
Keith Richards, who plays the role of Captain Jack Sparrow’s father, Captain Teague, has always been into doping, and Disney quite knew about it. However, his addiction to drugs was never publicized in public or endorsed from such a positive angle, until he write about it in his book, “Life”. That is why, Disney decided to dismiss his role from the movie. Reports say, that Disney might sign Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, to resume the role of Captain Teague.
- Keith Richards' Scenes Cut from 'Pirates' Movie - Oct 25, 2010
- Keith Richards Makes A Comeback With Next “Pirates Of The Caribbean” - Oct 20, 2010
- Keith Richards Makes Comeback in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Sequel - Oct 19, 2010
- Keith Richards in next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' movie - Oct 19, 2010
- Keith Richards to star in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie - Oct 19, 2010
- Keith Richards undergoes laser eye surgery - Jan 07, 2012
- Disney is going to cut all Keith Richards scenes from 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' - Oct 25, 2010
- "Is Captain Sparrow drunk Or Gay" Asks The Disney Bosses - Nov 30, 2010
- Johnny Depp 'wants' Mick Jagger for next 'Pirates of the Caribbean' - Apr 10, 2010
- Jackman was first choice to play Jack Sparrow - Dec 06, 2010
- Shooting starts for 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' - Jun 23, 2010
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' to be screened at Cannes - Apr 15, 2011
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean...' provides rollicking fun (IANS Movie Review) - May 20, 2011
- Keith's drink a mystery for Depp - May 03, 2011
- Johnny Depp to direct a documentary on rocker Keith Richards - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: addiction, business policies, captain jack sparrow, captain teague, caribbean series, consumption, disney flick, drug habits, family audiences, instalment, kar, keith richards, meena, moderation, pirates of the caribbean, rolling stones guitarist, safe way, sanity, second thought, stranger tides