Keith Richards brands Mick Jagger a power freakFebruary 29th, 2008 - 2:46 pm ICT by admin
Washington, February 29 (ANI): English rock star Keith Richards has branded his The Rolling Stones bandmate Sir Mick Jagger a “power freak” and “vain”.
However, though Richards calls the singer a maniac, he admits that their band would not have enjoyed a long and successful music career had Jaggers behaviour been different.
This is the only reason why he and other band membersnamely guitarist Ronnie Wood and drummer Charlie Wattsleave Jagger to his own devices, Richards adds.
“Mick’s a maniac. He can’t get up in the morning without knowing immediately who he’s going to call. He is a power freak and there’s nothing we can do about it. I don’t want to do anything about it. Let him bugger about. It doesn’t make any difference to what we do, Contactmusic quoted him as telling British magazine Uncut.
“He’s a bit vain, let’s put it like that. We want a vain bloke up there, don’t we? Meanwhile, the band can go to work. Vanity will not carry a band. But a band can carry vanity,” he added. (ANI)
- Rolling Stones planning comeback tour for next year - Oct 29, 2010
- Rolling Stones considering 50th anniversary tour - Sep 03, 2010
- Richards frustrated at delayed Stones record - Jun 07, 2010
- Rolling Stones Plan Farewell Tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Keith Richards plans Rolling Stones' new album - Jun 05, 2010
- Rolling Stones' members not splitting - May 25, 2010
- Mick Jagger 'believed he was bigger than Stones' - Oct 25, 2010
- Rolling Stones to bow out after 50 yrs in music - with giant farewell tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Ronnie Wood's renewed sobriety boosts his friendship with Mick Jagger - Sep 29, 2010
- Rolling Stones to tour without Ronnie Wood? - Dec 21, 2009
- Mick Jagger says Keith Richards' autobiography is "a bit bitchy" - Nov 05, 2010
- Mick Jagger tells Ronnie Wood 'quit booze or be dropped from tour' - Jan 03, 2010
- Keith Richards claims he was targeted by British government - Oct 17, 2010
- Rolling Stones 'plan' 2010 world tour - Nov 27, 2009
- Jagger was too possessive: Richards - Oct 15, 2010