Keith Olbermann Reportedly Joining Current TVFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) One of the most popular and celebrated television host, Keith Olbermann is reportedly planning to join current TV. He left the widely watched MSNBC show, “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” last month, which he has hosted for eight years. He had leave the channel because of his apparent inclination and donation to a political party, that was against the policies and guidelines set by the channel.
Although the news has not been confirmed by the veteran talk show host, it was not denied either by his representatives or the executives from the Current TV. No one refuted that Current TV could be part of his future in the television industry. A reputed source recently said that Keith Olbermann is all set to share an equity stake with Current TV. The speculation regarding his joining the new public affairs channel emerged, when a public relation agency circulated an email to the leading media houses, stating that the talk show host and his new partner, will make an exciting announcement, regarding his next milestone of his career. It also stated that a conference call has been arranged on Tuesday morning, to publicize the news in details.
If the news is announced as true, then sources say that Keith Olbermann’s presence is bound to add on to the portfolio of Current TV, which only caters to only 60 million homes, as compared to MSNBC, that reaches to more than 85 million homes. Sources expects that considering the high television rating that “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” demanded, he has already gained a secured position in the television industry. On that note, his future seems secures, so seems to be the future of Current TV.
- Keith Olbermann leaves MSNBC after nearly eight years - Jan 22, 2011
- Keith Olbermann to present 'Countdown' - May 26, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Splits With MSNBC: Reason Unknown - Jan 22, 2011
- MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann For Making Campaign Contributions - Nov 06, 2010
- Keith Olbermann Parts Ways With MSNBC - Jan 23, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Suspended: Leaves MSNBC’s Show In Lurch - Nov 08, 2010
- Online Campaign Underway In America To Convince Keith Olbermann To Run For The American Senate - Jan 25, 2011
- Keith Olbermann Says 'No' To Tea-Party - Feb 28, 2010
- Is Keith Olbermann going to run for US senate? - Jan 25, 2011
- Rachel Maddow was a blonde in her high school yearbook photo - Jul 11, 2010
- MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Suspended For Making Political Donations - Nov 20, 2010
- Keith Olbermann Can Run For Senate, Says New Blog Campaign - Jan 25, 2011
- Spitzer has tough time hooking guests for CNN's show - Oct 14, 2010
- Keith Olbermann Protests Against Health Care Reform Bill - Dec 17, 2009
- MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended for political contributions to three Dems - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: 60 million, conference call, countdown with keith olbermann, current tv, equity stake, inclination, kar, keith olbermann, media houses, meena, milestone, msnbc, new partner, public affairs channel, public relation agency, speculation, talk show host, television host, television industry, tuesday morning