Keira Knightley can deal with stage frightAugust 4th, 2012 - 6:55 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 4 (IANS) Actress Keira Knightley says her time away from movies helped her immensely to train herself to cope with her crippling nerves on film sets.
“I discovered that a lot of what I was suffering from on film sets was stage fright. It’s easier for me now, and even if I do freeze, I know how to deal with it,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Knightley as saying.
The Oscar-nominated actress will next be seen in a movie adaptation of Leo Tolstoy’s novel “Anna Karenina” alongside actors Jude Law and Aaron Johnson.
She admits she loved getting to grips with the complex character for the film.
“She’s a wonderful character, but very strange and complex. She is needy and manipulative and then there are sides of her that are vulnerable and innocent, and I sometimes think it’s the innocence that pulls her down.
“She will not see reality and when she does, it destroys her. I found her a challenging person. I wanted to shake her and tell her to pull herself together,” she said.
- 'Anna Karenina' excites Knightley - Apr 05, 2012
- Knightley's comic act - Jun 25, 2012
- Tannishtha stars in 'Anna Karenina' adaptation - Oct 11, 2011
- Knightley's dancing woes - Sep 07, 2012
- Tannishtha first Indian to co-host APSA - Nov 17, 2011
- Keira Knightley caught kissing James Righton - Apr 14, 2011
- Knightley awed by Lagerfeld - Aug 01, 2012
- Shooting in Petrozavodsk is a miracle: Tannishtha - Feb 21, 2012
- Third time lucky Knightley - Sep 15, 2011
- Knightley replaces Johansson in song film - May 18, 2012
- Jude Law might star in 'Anna Karenina' - Mar 19, 2011
- Not ready for pregnancy: Knightley - Sep 07, 2012
- Knightley wants to avoid big movie roles - Jul 27, 2012
- Keira Knightley to play Tinker Bell in 'Peter Pan' prequel - Mar 11, 2011
- Knightley not worried about nudity - Sep 08, 2012