Ke$ha says no to ‘Nazi’ dancewearNovember 17th, 2010 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 17 (ANI): ‘Tik Tok’ girl Kesha said no to the militaristic emblems on the outfits of her X Factor backing dancers amid fears of a backlash for glorifying Nazi-style imagery.
The Channel 7 talent show was the only major television appearance by the US singer during a six-day promotional tour.
Howevr, sources said red armbands on the black military-style costumes worn by the 12 dancers from a Sydney-based dance company went too far for both Ke$ha and Seven.
“Channel 7 made them remove the bands in fear of outrage. They were on set with army uniforms complete with swastikas,” the Daily Telegraph quoted an insider as saying.
However, Kesha’s record label Sony and the choreographers who styled the routine yesterday said it was the singer herself who insisted on the changes.
“The costumes, which had been supplied locally, had the dancers wearing red arm bands and Kesha was concerned they looked like Nazi uniforms and requested they be removed, as this was simply not part of the brief,” a Sony spokeswoman said.
Dance company Squared Division director Ashley Evans said the Nazi element was ‘never’ an intention. (ANI)
- Kesha turns watch designer - Sep 18, 2011
- Kesha posts nude snap on Twitter - Sep 08, 2012
- Ke$ha asks female fan to give pal Simon Rex a lap dance at MSG party - Apr 16, 2011
- Kesha shows off lip tattoo - Jun 28, 2012
- Now, condoms to have Ke$ha's face printed on them! - Mar 07, 2011
- Miley Cyrus's sis Noah, 9, sings about 'beer', boys trying to touch her 'junk' - Jan 17, 2010
- Ke$ha sued by ex-managers for $14m - Jan 26, 2011
- Kesha intimidates men - Jun 14, 2011
- Posters of Hitler in pink uniform provokes furious debate in Italy - May 21, 2010
- Video of Israeli soldiers dancing on the streets of Hebron goes viral - Jul 08, 2010
- Ke$ha not the girl in sex video, says rep - Jul 09, 2010
- Kesha blasts music critic - Oct 16, 2010
- Oz primary school apologizes for awarding prize to Hitler costume - Aug 27, 2010
- Miley Cyrus' sister, 9, to launch kids clothing line! - Jan 30, 2010
- Ke$ha apologizes after insulting Britney Spears, Justin Bieber - Mar 24, 2010
Tags: arm bands, armbands, army uniforms, ashley evans, backing dancers, channel 7, choreographers, daily telegraph, dance company, dancewear, division director, emblems, kesha, military style, nazi style, nazi uniforms, sony spokeswoman, style costumes, television appearance, x factor