Ke$ha apologizes after insulting Britney Spears, Justin BieberMarch 24th, 2010 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 24 (ANI): Ke$ha has apologized after landing herself in hot water for insulting Britney Spears and Justin Bieber.
The controversy started when Ke$ha blasted Britney’s lip-synching, telling the Scottish Daily Record, “I think if you are going to be a singer, you should sing. No offense to her specifically, but people have asked me before to mime. I have been up at 3 o’clock in the morning for a television show with jet lag, but I refuse to mime.”
To add further insult, a recent leaked song called “Styrofoam” features Ke$ha singing the lyric, “In ten years, Britney Spears . . . Britney who?”
However, the ‘Tik Tok’ singer clarified the situation during her appearance on “So You Think You Can Dance Australia”.
“I didn’t write that bit. That was from when I was 15 - and there is a reason that song’s not on my record. I have to admit now I do regret ever singing that, because I have mad respect for her,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
Ke$ha also took to Twitter to apologize to tween sensation Justin Bieber after she gave an interview to Maxim in which she called him a “little baby” and said she would love to “push him around on stage in a carriage.” (ANI)
- Ke$ha takes a dig at Britney in new song - Mar 22, 2010
- Ke$ha asks female fan to give pal Simon Rex a lap dance at MSG party - Apr 16, 2011
- My New Year's resolution is to 'not become a d----- bag', says Ke$ha - Jan 02, 2011
- Ke$ha not the girl in sex video, says rep - Jul 09, 2010
- Moby feels that Britney Spears' songs aren't music - May 31, 2011
- Haiti charity single 'We Are The World 25' fails to land US top spot - Feb 20, 2010
- Video of marines lip-synching Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' is YouTube hit - Apr 23, 2011
- Britney's next single leaks, predicted to be a hit - Mar 05, 2011
- Pink 'wouldn't watch Britney's mimed concert' - Dec 16, 2009
- Now, condoms to have Ke$ha's face printed on them! - Mar 07, 2011
- Britney Spears' premieres video of 'I Wanna Go' - Jun 22, 2011
- Taylor Swift sets new download record - Jan 31, 2010
- Ke$ha's sex tape rumours dismissed - Mar 20, 2010
- Pop Sensation Ke$ha Sets Record With Her Debut Song - Jan 03, 2010
- Ke$ha 'wants to make out with the fat guy from Hangover' - Jan 30, 2010
Tags: britney spears, britney spears and justin, controversy, hot water, jet lag, justin bieber, lip synching, little baby, lyric, mad respect, maxim, new york daily news, o clock, scottish daily record, sensation, so you think you can dance, styrofoam, television show, tik tok, york daily news