KBC winner awaits Rs.5 crore, Big B says cheque readyDecember 13th, 2011 - 2:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Bihar’s Sushil Kumar, who made headlines when he became the first contestant to win Rs.5 crore on “Kaun Banega Crorepati 5″, hasn’t received his prize money yet. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, host of the show, says the former’s cheque is ready, but he wants it at the CNN-IBN Award ceremony.
“People asking why Sushil Kumar not paid his KBC win.. cheque ready, but he wants it at CNN-IBN Award ceremony in Delhi on 16th ..,” tweeted Big B.
“Also as per terms and conditions of Sony, they have to pay within 60 days of on air broadcast… So still time for expiry!” he further posted.
The episode, in which the lady luck seemed to have smiled at the simpleton, was telecast Nov 2.
Sushil Kumar reportedly told a tabloid that people have been constantly approaching him for financial aids ever since he emerged victorious on the reality game show. However, he isn’t able to offer any help as he hasn’t received a single penny of the jackpot money he won.
“I haven’t received a single paisa yet. Nor have I got any intimation or call from the channel as to when the money will reach me. I don’t even know how much I’ll get after tax deduction, etc. Basically, I am being flooded with requests to share the fund that I don’t even have,” the tabloid quoted him saying.
Ever since the news flashed, people have flooded the micro-blogging site Twitter with queries.
Before his big win on KBC, Sushil Kumar used to work as a computer operator and tutor, earning a meagre Rs.6,000 per month.
The 27-year-old is married and lives in a big joint family with five brothers, five nieces and a nephew in East Champaran district in Bihar.
- Will get money, channel officials in touch: KBC winner - Dec 13, 2011
- After winning 'KBC' jackpot, Sushil building house for family - Jul 31, 2012
- Life is beautiful, finds KBC winner's family - Nov 01, 2011
- Amitabh proud of common man's Rs.5 crore win on KBC - Oct 26, 2011
- KBC breaks TV rating records with Rs.5 crore winner - Nov 10, 2011
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- KBC winner Sushil Kumar turns down 'Big Boss' offer - Nov 24, 2011
- For charity, all roads lead to KBC winner's house - Dec 06, 2011
- KBC winner plans to invest Rs.3.5 crore in real estate - Mar 16, 2012
- Consider myself lucky to be playing for that long: Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Will resign if told properly: Trivedi - Mar 17, 2012
- Small town India makes it big - via reality TV - Nov 03, 2011
- Sweety Kapoor-Khanna at Anna rally: A satire - Apr 07, 2011
- Inflation? What's that, asks KBC's only woman crorepati - Nov 08, 2011
- Indians must rise above caste, creed, colour and religion: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,