KBC 2012 to be back in prime time slotJuly 27th, 2012 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”, to be hosted by megastar Amitabh Bachchan yet again, will be back in its prime time slot, channel officials said Tuesday.
“It will be a prime time show. I can’t tell you the exact slot because we are in discussion we are brain storming the right time. But certainly it will be a prime time slot,” Sony Entertainment Television (SET) senior vice president and marketing head Danish Khan told IANS.
“We have not decided the days but the talks are on. We will soon make an official announcement,” he added.
KBC had been slotted for either 8.30 or 9 p.m. time band so far.
The channel Thursday announced yet another marketing and communication campaign “Sirf Gyaan Hi Aapko Aapka Haq Dila Sakta Hai” as the communication theme for the upcoming season of the game show.
“The challenge was how do we take the philosophy to the next level. We came up with ‘Gyaan hi aapko aapka haq dilata Hai’ because it’s a great factor to empower people. When you see the show you will see shades of that,” said Khan.
“One of the most important part of the show is how we democratise the entire KBC. We have taken immense pain with lot of pleasure to ensure that we expand the base of KBC. Every time you are going to see KBC episode, you will see a small India.”
Big B, who has been hosting various seasons of KBC for quite some time, will be seen again for the KBC 2012 as well. Khan says they can’t think of anyone else in his place.
“There is absolutely nobody like Mr Bachchan. His appeal transcends across all the age groups. He can relate and connect with people of all backgrounds. His command over the language - Hindi, English and many other local language, his humility and sincerity these are the factors that drives his popularity.”
“And that brings immense popularity to our show. People are eager to watch him again on KBC. I can’t think of anybody else.”
KBC 2012 is slated to telecast by August end or by September.
- Other countries now aping KBC's innovative concepts: Amitabh - Aug 30, 2012
- 'KBC 6' opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating - Sep 12, 2012
- Women make 50 percent of country's power: Amitabh Bachchan - Aug 30, 2012
- Indians must rise above caste, creed, colour and religion: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Aug 31, 2012
- Amitabh Praises SRK; Ducks Salman's 'Dus Ka Dum' - Jul 09, 2010
- Shatrughan Sinha to host Bhojpuri KBC, Sonakshi on hot seat - May 01, 2011
- Hats off to Big B, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 08, 2011
- 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 5' gets bigger, better - Aug 10, 2011
- Salman, SRK war of words continues - Apr 02, 2012
- Practised more for show than in cricket: Sourav - Jun 04, 2011
- I was merely a fortunate bystander: Big B on KBC (Interview) - Jul 09, 2010
- Big B Outperforms Salman And Akshay On Small Screen - Nov 02, 2010
- The audience should have entertainment: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 10, 2012
- Delay in 'Common Man' my fault: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - May 04, 2012
- Ali Zafar prays for Mehdi Hassan's good health - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: age groups, amitabh bachchan, communication campaign, communication theme, crorepati, danish, game show, haq, humility, immense pain, immense popularity, next level, prime time slot, quite some time, right time, senior vice president, shades, sincerity, sony entertainment television, time band