Kazakhstan launches national superhero contestMay 17th, 2012 - 8:54 am ICT by IANS
Astana, May 17 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Kazakhstan has announced a contest to create a national superhero who will be named after the Central Asian country’s capital.
A total of 123 people, including 37 Kazakhs, will take part in the contest, to be held July 1-3 during an action movie festival.
The participants are supposed to add a Kazakh member to the pantheon of Batman, Spiderman, Captain America etc., and invent his biography, costume and appearance.
Organisers said Astana the superhero should become “a symbol of the young, energetic and rapidly developing capital of Kazakhstan” and should embody the values, traditions, culture and history of the Kazakh people.
Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan in 1997. The capital was moved from Almaty to Astana due to its more centralised location.
- Monkeys in Kazakh zoo get wine to keep warm - Feb 04, 2012
- 11 knifed to death in Kazakhstan - Aug 15, 2012
- Russia, Kazakhstan extend Friendship Treaty for 10 years - Jun 08, 2012
- Kazakhs find love on Sharia dating website - Mar 08, 2012
- Man to give wife million roses on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2012
- 200 kg heroin seized in Kazakhstan - Sep 06, 2012
- Suicide bomber targets Kazakh state security building - May 17, 2011
- Russia, Kazakhstan in deadlock over rocket launches - May 30, 2012
- Kazakhstan lodges complaint over gaffe - Mar 27, 2012
- Kazakh cops jailed for attacking protesters - May 29, 2012
- Kazakhstan holds presidential polls - Apr 03, 2011
- Putin quits as head of ruling party - Apr 24, 2012
- Two Russians jailed for raping 83-year-old woman - Jul 10, 2012
- India, Russia to make multiple rocket systems - Sep 06, 2012
- Russia leads world in illegal migration - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: almaty, appearance, batman, capital of kazakhstan, captain america, central asian country, centralised location, culture and history, july 1, kazakh people, kazakhs, organisers, pantheon, participants, ria novosti, spiderman, tb, traditions