Kavita Bhartia: The Bohemian Rhapsody In Her Wills Lifestyle Indian Fashion Week CollectionJanuary 28th, 2011 - 7:33 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
According to the designer the designs of her collection was a way to pay her tribute to all the people who’ve helped her in her journey as a fashion designer and in the process she has been influenced by many cultures and have merged them for the fashion line. There were lots of colors and a new twist given to the drapes of India that got a touch of the bohemian lives of the woman of the world.
For the section ‘Timelina’ the designer mixed and matched an unique color palate of orange with yellow and pink on one hand and on the other pink was gelled with blue among others. The ‘Souvenirs’ saw the lace of the past era making its presence felt on a base color white that had textured scarf, jersey tank tops with beaded and embroidered work and there were also printed maxis.
‘Origin of colors’ saw an array of hues with the textures form 1980s that that digital prints, tassel belts with pants and jersey, also tops that were tie-died. ‘Graffiti’ on the other hand experimented with new textures that had the color military green as its palette along with some other natural shades.
In all these categories few things that Bhartia used were chiffons, silk, brocades and voile and teamed each of the dresses up with interesting mix-and-match accessories.
– Sampurn Wire
- Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing borders - Oct 24, 2010
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Mom-to-be, that maxi dress is for you (With Images) - May 05, 2011
- Kavita Bhartiya Presents “Transculturation” Fashion Line - Dec 10, 2010
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Designer captures woman's beauty in Pakeezah - Jul 07, 2012
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Go for Pakistani fashion this Eid: Archana Kochhar - Nov 06, 2011
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- Model slips at Vineet Bahl's show - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: bohemian rhapsody, color palate, digital prints, drapes, fashion designer, fashion line, hues, indian fashion week, jersey tank, kavita bhartia, mix and match, natural shades, new twist, scarf, silk brocades, souvenirs, tank tops, tassel belts, voile, woman of the world