Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weaversOctober 9th, 2011 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 9 (IANS) Designer Kavita Bhartia paid a tribute to Indian weavers through her collection showcased on the second day of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here Sunday.
“My collection titled ‘Kaleidoscope’ was completely dedicated to the Indian weavers and their craftsmanship. I believe that we have such a strong culture and exclusivity in our designs, that nobody can match them…and these weavers really try hard to bring the best of Indian designs,” she said.
The designer presented a gamut of silhouettes which varied from jumpsuits, ponchos, tunics, long dresses and gowns in colours like turquoise, yellow, frost grey, purple, red and other earthy tones. The designer chose to use fabrics like georgette, ikat, zardozi and chiffon.
The show started with the haunting music of snake charmers playing in the background. Model Lisa Haydon added the Bollywood factor as the showstopper.
Lisa walked the ramp in a satin lycra dress with feminine drapes.
“Lisa is the perfect muse to represent my collection as she has the mix of both Indian and western look. I feel she is the perfect icon for someone who wants to go with the trend,” said Bhartia.
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Khadi, Gandhi topis at James Ferreira's show - Oct 12, 2011
- Govinda, Narmmadaa shine at Reynu Tandon's show - Feb 19, 2012
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Bikini models scorch the ramp at WIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Anuradha Ramam to take Indian weaves to San Francisco (With Images) - Apr 08, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: background model, craftsmanship, drapes, earthy tones, exclusivity, gamut, georgette, haunting music, india fashion week, kaleidoscope, lisa haydon, ponchos, satin lycra, showcased, showstopper, silhouettes, snake charmers, strong culture, weavers, wills lifestyle india fashion week