Katy Perry denies being ‘best pals’ with RihannaApril 13th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 13 (ANI): Katy Perry has dismissed reports that she and Rihanna are ‘best friends’.
Reports suggested that the pair bonded following Rihanna’s alleged bust-up with Chris Brown in February (09), that reportedly left her battered and bruised.
However, ‘I Kissed a Girl’ singer insists she has only ‘hung out’ with her fellow pop sensation twice and press has jus exaggerated it.
“We’ve hung out a couple times…Of course I consider her a friend, but it’s not like ‘I’m there,’ making a big deal of it, because I feel weird about that type of stuff. Um, you know, we’re just buddies. We’ve had dinner, and that’s about it,” Contactmusic quoted her as telling MTV News.
Perry also said that she and Rihanna get on as they both understand what it’s like to be catapulted into the limelight.
“We’re friends and we’re both kind of on this crazy rollercoaster, and… it’s nice to have good girlfriends. I pride myself on having cool chicks in my life, and she’s a cool chick,” she added. (ANI)
- Katy plans girl power anthem with Rihanna - Mar 21, 2012
- Women are dominating pop charts: Rihanna - Jul 30, 2011
- Perry wants Rihanna to bare all at bachelorette party - Jun 21, 2010
- Rihanna and ex Kemp are still friends - Jul 15, 2011
- Rihanna won't talk to Brown again - Mar 31, 2011
- Katy Perry, Russell Brand to wed in India: Rihanna - Apr 09, 2010
- Katy Perry 'forcing' Rihanna to walk down the aisle! - Nov 10, 2010
- Big fat Indian wedding for Katy Perry and Russell Brand - Apr 09, 2010
- Katy Perry wants Rihanna to strip at her bachelorette party - Jun 22, 2010
- Rihanna Gives Best Friend Katy Perry's Wedding A Miss - Oct 27, 2010
- Peter Andre still attracted to ex - Apr 12, 2011
- Usher wants duet with Rihanna - Feb 24, 2011
- I'm scared of outfit clash: Rihanna - Oct 10, 2010
- Rihanna wants to record a duet with best pal Katy Perry - Oct 31, 2010
- When Biel feared for life - Jul 29, 2012