Katrina or Anushka: Who’ll drape white chiffon sari?September 5th, 2012 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Beautiful actresses flaunting chiffon saris have always been synonymous with veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra’s projects. But with two leading ladies - Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma - in his new directorial venture, the big question is, who will drape the six-yard wonder?
In the past, the evergreen Rekha adorned a white saree during a scene in Chopra’s 1981 film “Silsila”, while Sridevi wore it in “Chandni”.
A source from the set of Chopra’s yet untitled, Shah Rukh Khan-starrer reveals that the filmmaker has not decided as of now as to who will wear the popular attire - Katrina or Anushka.
However, both the ladies, are excited for it. If the buzz is to be believed, Katrina plays Shah Rukh’s ladylove, while Anushka’s character is more of a tomboy in the film.
“Katrina will be seen wearing a lot of saris in the film. But that doesn’t mean that Anushka wouldn’t,” said a source close to the venture.
“One of them will surely get to wear the white sari. But right now it is undecided,” added the source.
The movie, set to release Nov 13, has so far been shot in London, Ladakh and Kashmir.
- SRK to shoot Yash Chopra's movie in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2012
- Teaser of SRK-Katrina starrer out - sans title! - Aug 16, 2012
- YRF's next with SRK, Katrina goes on the floors Monday - Jan 08, 2012
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Pahalgam (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 24 years on, SRK again woos fans as army man - Sep 06, 2012
- Yash Chopra names SRK-starrer 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' - Sep 11, 2012
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sridevi to flaunt Sabyasachi sari at Toronto fest - Jul 30, 2012
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Katrina come together for Yashraj - Jun 27, 2011
- Vidya true successor of Aamir: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - Mar 11, 2012
- Picture perfect 'Jab Tak...' trailer leaves SRK fans curious - Sep 20, 2012
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- Shah Rukh prays for 'RA.One' animator Charu Khandal - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: anushka, beautiful actresses, buzz, chiffon saris, chopra, directorial venture, kashmir, katrina kaif, ladakh, ladylove, london, New Delhi, rekha, saree, sari, shah rukh khan, silsila, tomboy, veteran filmmaker