Katrina inspired by Imran to turn producerAugust 11th, 2011 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 11 (IANS) Inspired with the relationship between her “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan” co-star Imran Khan with his wife Avantika, Katrina Kaif has decided to produce her first film.
She will do her first ever truly intense, romantic film, a period film to be precise, with Imran.
The idea of a ‘janam-janam ka saathi love-forever’ film struck Katrina when she watched Imran interacting with his wife.
Katrina later told a friend: “I felt a pang of envy for Imran’s wife whose husband is so devoted, so ‘all-there’ for her and so not into cheating on her at all.”
She may even write the screenplay herself.
“It is my fantasy love-story. The kind of ideal love that I don’t think is prevalent in today’s day and age. When I see Imran with Avantika I see a togetherness spanning an entire lifetime,” Katrina said.
“I see them grow old together. That’s not something I see in too many relationships these days. Imran is really devoted to his wife. That makes me feel so good about life and so hopeful about love,” Katrina said.
Katrina added: “We recently shot some very romantic songs in Agra for ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’. Imran came across as very romantic on screen. We even did a takeoff on Salim-Anarkali as a small part of a song. Just for the heck of it.”
- Katrina to go on stage for 'Mere Brother...' gigs - Jun 28, 2011
- Katrina slaps Imran 16 times! - Aug 10, 2011
- Ali Zafar turns guitar teacher for Katrina Kaif - Aug 10, 2011
- Imran beats Agra heat with water! (With Images) - Apr 19, 2011
- Imran preparing to file PIL against drinking age rule - Aug 13, 2011
- Doing nothing, and loving it: Shah Rukh (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Imran's stylish tribute to three Khans (With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- There're no camps in Bollywood: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Aug 15, 2011
- Imran finds wife Avantika's observations helpful - Feb 08, 2012
- Imran Khan invites all his leading ladies to pre-wedding bash - Jan 03, 2011
- Can't I expect little respect, asks Katrina - Aug 12, 2011
- Even for biggest of stars, every film counts: Imran Khan (Interview) - Aug 16, 2011
- Meet hot-headed Katrina in 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan' - Nov 03, 2010
- Katrina visits Chisti shrine in Fatehpur Sikri - Sep 05, 2011
- All the best Ali, says KJo (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: agra, co star, dulhan, envy, fantasy, heck, imran khan, katrina kaif, lifetime, love story, pang, period film, relationship, relationships, romantic film, romantic songs, salim anarkali, screenplay, takeoff, togetherness