Katrina changes birthday plans for Zoya’s filmJuly 15th, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 15 (IANS) Katrina Kaif, who will turn 26 Friday, wanted to spend her birthday with her family in London but had to alter plans to accommodate a shooting schedule for Zoya Akhtar’s “Zindagi Milegi Na Dobaara” in Spain.
She took a break from her shooting in Spain from Zoya Akhtar’s “Zindagi Milegi Na Dobaara” to be with her family. But now the actress has to return to shoot in Pampolona, Spain, for Zoya’s film Thursday.
“Yes, I had planned well in advance to spend my birthday with my family in London. But some scenes for Zoya’s film have been rescheduled and I’ve to go back on Thursday, a day ahead of my birthday, to Spain. Never mind. I’ll be working on my birthday and that’s the best way to bring in my birthday,” said Katrina.
Looking at the brighter side, Katrina said: “My two youngest sister Isabella and Sonia are coming back to Spain with me, so I have a part of my family with me. And I couldn’t hope to be with a better unit on my birthday. Zoya is one of the coolest directors I’ve worked with.”
The actress is happy with the year gone by.
“I got to work with two women directors Zoya and Farah Khan this year. And they were both such fun to work with. I also had a big hit ‘Raajneeti’. I couldn’t have asked for more. In the coming year, I hope to find love. Every girl needs someone to share her life with,” she said.
Katrina returns to India next month to face one of her biggest challenges as an actress. On Aug 11, she has to perform an item song with Akshay Kumar for Farah Khan’s “Tees Maar Khan”.
“It is like no other item song. It will have elements from both Indian and western dance forms. It will blend various styles and give me a chance to perform what could possibly be my most challenging on-screen dances. I can’t wait to return and start rehearsing for the number,” she said.
(Subhash K. Jha can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Katrina Kaif's Birthday Plans Changed - Jul 15, 2010
- Katrina Gets The Biggest Birthday Surprise Ever - Jul 21, 2010
- Katrina hopes for ZNMD success for 27th birthday - Jul 11, 2011
- Hrithik, Katrina's mutual admiration society! - Jul 11, 2011
- Rain in Spain spoils Katrina's 'Raajneeti' party plans - Jun 22, 2010
- Salman is a good friend of mine: Katrina Kaif - Jul 13, 2011
- Katrina's Plans To Attend The Raajneeti Celebration Foiled & Aborted, But Virtual Reality Will Bring Her To The Bash Instead! - Jun 22, 2010
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award - Jan 14, 2012
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Ode To Katrina' Inspires Poem For Farhan's Film - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Sweetheart' Neil, 'darling' Sonam! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 07, 2011
- No rift between me and Katrina: Kalki - Jul 11, 2011
- Ali Zafar turns guitar teacher for Katrina Kaif - Aug 10, 2011
- Awards galore for family, Shabana delighted - Jan 26, 2012
- Now I want Yash Chopra-type love story: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: actress, akshay kumar, birthday plans, brighter side, dance forms, dances, farah khan, film thursday, isabella, katrina kaif, mumbai, sonia, subhash k jha, such fun, tees, two women, western dance, women directors, zindagi, zoya akhtar