Katona fears losing custody battleNovember 3rd, 2010 - 4:51 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 3 (IANS) Singer Kerry Katona fears losing her children in a custody battle with her ex-husband Mark Croft in court due to her past drinking habits.
The battle for custody of their children Heidi, three, and Maxwell, two, was to start Tuesday.
The 30-year-old fears her past “wild antics” could cost her the children, and so in a desperate bid to evade the legal fight, she has offered to give Croft as much contact as he wants with the children, dailystar.co.uk. quoted a source as saying.
A friend close to the couple said: “Kerry is all over the place. One minute everything is fine and she seems confident she will win. The next minute she’s pacing around, tearing her hair out and crying, saying: ‘I’m going to lose my babies.’
“She’s in a right state. Kerry fears Mark will play dirty in court and she doesn’t know what he’s going to say to discredit her. She genuinely fears she could lose the children.”
The couple split in February after a four-year relationship dogged by rumours of infidelity on both sides.
Earlier, Katona was secretly filmed snorting cocaine.
In a documentary “Kerry & Me”, she was shown slurring and snapping at Heidi, Max and her older children Molly, nine, and Lilly-Sue, eight. The older children are from her first marriage to former Westlife singer Brian McFadden, 30, who is now living in Australia with Aussie singer Delta Goodrem, 26.
A clip also showed her telling Molly: “Shut yer face or I’ll knock you out.”
Ever since, the singer changed her life. She quit drugs and lives a healthy lifestyle, working out daily in preparation for an appearance on reality TV skating show “Dancing On Ice” next year.
However, she is worried that the old footage will come in the way of her getting custody of her children.
- Kerry Katona splits from beau - Jul 26, 2010
- Kerry Katona slams ex-husband over child custody row - Nov 01, 2009
- Drug scandal hit Katona 'to be quizzed by social services' - Aug 21, 2009
- Katona's ex-hubby may fight for children's custody - Aug 19, 2009
- Katona to be quizzed by cops - Aug 22, 2009
- Kerry Katona 'wants a baby with Peter Andre' - Apr 03, 2010
- Katona's ex says he's too broke to launch legal battle - Sep 06, 2009
- Its splitsville for Brian McFadden, Delta Goodrem - Apr 01, 2011
- Kerry Katona reveals agony of love split from Brian McFadden - Apr 18, 2010
- McFadden will tell all about ex-wife Katona, hope Jungle show bosses - Sep 21, 2009
- Brian McFadden not marrying new girlfriend - Jun 16, 2011
- Katona 'sniffed up more coke after drug video went public' - Aug 23, 2009
- Brian McFadden engaged - Jan 16, 2012
- Kerry apologises to fans over drug abuse - Jun 30, 2010
- Katona's 'hubby wants to leak couple's sex tape on net to ease cash crisis' - Sep 16, 2009
Tags: antics, aussie singer, brian mcfadden, cocaine, custody battle, dancing on ice, delta goodrem, healthy lifestyle, heidi, infidelity, kerry katona, legal fight, lilly, living in australia, mark croft, maxwell, molly, old fears, reality tv, rumours