Katie Price gets 6-month driving ban for speedingDecember 2nd, 2010 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 02 (ANI): Former glamour model Katie Price has been handed a six month driving ban after she was spotted speeding at 83mph in her Land Rover.
Price, formerly known as Jordan, was fined 1,000 pounds and given three penalty points after she admitted breaking a 70mph limit on the A23 in Pyecombe, West Sussex, on December 10 last year.
This took her over the 12-point limit and brought an automatic six-month driving ban, which will leave her family life in chaos.
Crawley Magistrates’ Court, Deputy District Judge Ken Goldspring read her the penalty.
“That makes her a ‘totter’. She’s received 12 or more points and so as of today she is banned from driving for six months,” the Daily Mail quoted the judge as saying.
It means the mother-of-three, who lives in Woldingham, Surrey, will not be allowed to drive her children Harvey, eight, Junior, five, and Princess, three, to school.
Defending 32-year-old Katie, lawyer Robin Sellers said she had been trying to escape paparazzi photographers when she was caught on a mobile speed camera in a police car.
However, Judge Goldspring said that she has a history of over speeding and “The paparazzi weren’t prosecuted for speeding. That’s the real story.”
A statement produced by Sellers on behalf of Price read, “Katie accepts that whilst attempting to distance herself from paparazzi who were pursuing her (and about whose actions she had just notified the police) she was guilty of speeding. (ANI)
- Katie Price banned from driving - Sep 02, 2012
- Jordan could be jailed for 'crazy car antics' outside UK theatre - Nov 06, 2010
- Cole faces driving ban for speeding at 105 mph - Aug 19, 2010
- Defoe saved from the slammer for speeding - Jan 08, 2010
- Tomlinson learns lesson after penalty - Aug 21, 2012
- Defoe pleads guilty over speeding charge - Jan 05, 2010
- Wrong way M5 driver Deborah Hunt sentenced - Sep 07, 2011
- Katie Price to launch her magazine - Aug 27, 2011
- Alex Reid accuses Katie Price of giving her new toyboy his watch - Mar 17, 2011
- Katie Price, Peter Andre's 'haunted' marital up for grabs - Aug 13, 2010
- Ohio Supreme Court rules that radar reading is not required to issue a speeding ticket - Jun 19, 2010
- Scuffle spoils Price, Reid's wedding blessing event - Jul 04, 2010
- Kids 'fail to detect' cars travelling faster than 20mph - Mar 20, 2011
- Has Katie Price dumped Leandro Penna? - Mar 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga takes driving lessons - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: a23, chaos, daily mail, deputy district, district judge, driving ban, glamour model, goldspring, katie price, land rover, magistrates court, mobile speed camera, penalty points, photographers, police car, six months, sussex, weren, west sussex, woldingham surrey