Katie Holmes wins case against tabloid for calling her a ‘drug addict’April 28th, 2011 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
Offended by the insinuation, Holmes had sued the publisher last month.
Star magazine has published an apology to the actress on the cover and inside its May 9 issue, saying it ‘did not intend to suggest that Holmes was a drug addict or was undergoing treatment for drug addiction’.
In its apology, Star magazine wrote, “In a recent issue of Star, we published headlines about Katie Holmes that could be read to suggest that she was addicted to drugs.”.
“Star apologises to Ms. Holmes for any misperception and will be making a substantial donation to charity on Holmes’ behalf for any harm that we may have caused,” the magazine added.
The 32-year-old actress accepted the apology and was pleased that the lawsuit has been resolved.
“With this dispute out of the way, I look forward to once again focusing my attention on my family and career,” the Daily Mail quoted Holmes as saying.
Holmes’ publicist, Ina Treciokas said that American Media Inc. gave a sizable donation to Dizzy Feet Foundation, an organization that teaches dance to underprivileged children. (ANI)
- Katie Holmes settles with the Star Magazine - Apr 28, 2011
- Holmes settles lawsuit with tabloid over drug story - Apr 28, 2011
- Katie Holmes sues Star magazine for $50m over 'drug shocker' cover - Mar 02, 2011
- Owen Wilson, Girlfriend Jade Duell Expecting Their First Child - Jan 11, 2011
- Sharon Stone sued by former nanny - May 25, 2012
- Beckham denies affair with prostitute, sues US magazine - Dec 31, 2010
- Malaysian magazine regrets hurting Christians - Mar 07, 2010
- Katie Holmes wont accompany hubby Cruise to the 2009 Golden Globes - Dec 20, 2008
- Johnny Depp apologizes for his comments - Oct 05, 2011
- Catherine Zeta Jones 'received treatment for manic depression' - Apr 14, 2011
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Journal apologises to Chinese swimmer for controversial article - Aug 07, 2012
- Clooney, Roberts sue electronics companies - May 02, 2012
- Minka Kelly miffed with butt slap on the sets of Charlie's Angels - Sep 22, 2011
- Katie Holmes not starring in 'Glee' - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: actress, apologises, apology, charity, daily mail, drug addict, drug addiction, drugs, headlines, ina treciokas, insinuation, katie holmes, misperception, publicist, sizable donation, star magazine, substantial donation, tabloid, undergoing treatment, underprivileged children