Katie Holmes sues Star magazine for $50m over ‘drug shocker’ coverMarch 2nd, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 2 (ANI): Katie Holmes has reportedly sued Star magazine for 50 million dollars for publishing a cover hinting the actress was a drug addict.
The star was appalled by the gossip tabloid’s cover story, which featured the headline ‘Addiction Nightmare - Katie Drug Shocker! - The Real Reason She Can’t Leave Tom’.
The corresponding article did not actually allege that Holmes was addicted to drugs but claimed the wife of superstar Tom Cruise has attended Scientology sessions where an “e-meter,” said to measure electrical resistance and reflect past emotional experiences, is used, reports the Daily Telegraph.
The issue was the tabloid’s latest perspective on Holmes’ so-called “tortured life.”
A rep for the former ‘Dawson’s Creek’ star told TMZ: “Star Magazine’s malicious claims about Katie are untrue, unethical and unlawful.
“Not only do they cruelly defame Katie, they play a cheap trick on the public, making ridiculously false claims on the cover unsupported by anything inside.”
The 32-year-old actress is seeking 50 million dollars in damages from American Media Inc., the parent company of Star magazine. (ANI)
- Holmes settles lawsuit with tabloid over drug story - Apr 28, 2011
- Tom Cruise denies claims that Scientology interviewed women for him - Sep 04, 2012
- Katie Holmes settles with the Star Magazine - Apr 28, 2011
- Katie Holmes to be the new face of Ann Taylor - Jan 12, 2011
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Katie Holmes wins case against tabloid for calling her a 'drug addict' - Apr 28, 2011
- Katie Holmes visits Tom Cruise in Vancouver - Dec 17, 2010
- Holmes not ready for more kids - Sep 10, 2010
- Katie Holmes signs confidentiality agreement? - Jul 12, 2012
- 'X Factor' runner up Olly Murs is Katie Holmes' admirer - Dec 28, 2009
- Katie Holmes not starring in 'Glee' - Jul 07, 2010
- Holmes to star in 'How I Met Your Mother' - Sep 23, 2011
- Katie Holmes thought penis gummies she bought for Suri were Swedish Fish! - Apr 01, 2011
- TomKat get 'affectionate' at football match - Dec 11, 2009
- Suri to study in New York, Cruise hopes to meet her soon - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: 50 million, 50m, actress, cheap trick, daily telegraph, dawson s creek, drug addict, electrical resistance, emotional experiences, katie holmes, million dollars, nightmare, parent company, real reason, scientology, shocker, star magazine, tmz, tom cruise, tortured life