Katie Holmes spends 30,000 pounds on makeoverMarch 21st, 2009 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
London, March 20 (IANS) Actress Katie Holmes is said to have splurged 30,000 pounds on her new makeover, which took over two days to execute.
As part of the makeover, Katie was treated to intensive pampering sessions by a team of beauty experts, dailymail.co.uk reports.
It took six hours to have long hair extensions put in, which came with a 2,000-pound price tag. She also apparently spent 7,000 pounds in spa treatments, 20,000 pounds in dental veneers and another 1,000 pounds for a premium make-up.
“She was happier than she’s been in months,” said a source close to the actress.
For months, Katie looked tired, drawn and much older than her age due to a rumoured Scientology detox process, but she silenced critics last week after pulling off a stunning transformation for the Japanese premiere of her superstar husband Tom Cruise’s film “Valkyrie”.
Speculations were rife that she was following the purification diet, which consists of herbal drinks, as a prelude to having a second child.
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Suri in tears after mom refuses to buy her puppy - Jul 17, 2012
- Scientology behind JLo, Marc split? - Aug 14, 2011
- Katie Holmes $43k hot new makeover - Mar 21, 2009
- Holmes goes shopping to cheer herself - Aug 26, 2012
- Katie Holmes turns to Scientology Second Dynamic for help in conceiving - Mar 02, 2009
- Katie Holmes plans to detoxify herself - Jan 04, 2009
- Catholic school for scientologist Tom Cruise's daughter - Oct 11, 2009
- Katie Price buys specially-designed car - Jul 04, 2011
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Katie Price banned from driving - Sep 02, 2012
- Holmes to receive $400,000 from Cruise - Aug 25, 2012
- Holmes is on diet to conceive - Mar 01, 2009
- Katie Holmes signs confidentiality agreement? - Jul 12, 2012
- Suri Cruise flaunts expensive designer bag - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: actress katie holmes, beauty experts, dental veneers, detox, hair extensions, having a second child, herbal drinks, husband tom cruise, katie holmes, london march, long hair, prelude, price tag, scientology, six hours, spa treatments, speculations, stunning transformation, tom cruise, valkyrie