Katie Holmes settles with the Star MagazineApril 28th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Katie Holmes has struck a deal with the Star magazine regarding the defamation lawsuit she brought against the paper. In a January publication captioned “Katie DRUG SHOCKER!”, the magazine has admitted that it erroneously portrayed the actress as a drug addict.
The magazine is published by American Media Inc. The company was sued by Holmes after the publication. Holmes demanded damages of more than $50 million. However the financial terms under the settlement was not made public by each of the parties.
The magazine published a rejoinder in last Tuesday’s edition apologizing for the “misperception” that the article caused. The publication further said the publishers “did not intend to suggest that Ms. Holmes was a drug addict or was undergoing treatment for drug addiction.” The apology was published at the back of the magazine as well as inside.
Holmes confirmed that an agreement has been reached. She went further to tell her fans that she has accepted the apology from the magazine.
The magazine said in the recently published apology that they will donate “substantial” amount to a charity of the choosing of Holmes for the “harm” that they caused her.
- Holmes settles lawsuit with tabloid over drug story - Apr 28, 2011
- Katie Holmes wins case against tabloid for calling her a 'drug addict' - Apr 28, 2011
- Katie Holmes sues Star magazine for $50m over 'drug shocker' cover - Mar 02, 2011
- Demi Moore settles lawsuit against Australian magazine - Sep 27, 2010
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Paris Hilton reaches settlement in Hallmark lawsuit - Sep 27, 2010
- Paris Hilton settles lawsuit with Hallmark - Sep 28, 2010
- Jersey Shore stars - Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi & JWOWW sued - Jul 05, 2010
- Defamation complaint filed against Nakkheeran editor - Jan 24, 2012
- Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action against the Daily Mail - Dec 21, 2011
- Perry to sue magazine over affair rumours - Apr 28, 2011
- Love settles defamation lawsuit with designer - Mar 04, 2011
- Dikshit, Gupta told to settle suit amicably - May 08, 2012
- Kidman, Holmes have 'awkward' run in - Mar 22, 2012
- Magazine apologises to Beyonce over interview - Mar 20, 2010
Tags: 50 million, actress, american media inc, apology, charity, damages, defamation lawsuit, drug addict, drug addiction, katie holmes, last tuesday, misperception, publishers, rejoinder, shocker, star magazine, undergoing treatment