Katie Holmes loses brother in-lawApril 17th, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Tom Cruise’s wife actress Katie Holmes is facing a period of grieving in her personal life.
She’s mourning the loss of her brother-in-law.
Reportedly Joseph Jeffrey Fretti, the husband of Holmes’ eldest sister Tamera, was found dead on 12 April in his mother Shirley’s home in Sarasota, Florida. He was 48 and was the owner of a funeral home in Toledo, Ohio and had taken his two children to visit their grandmother.
Tamera couldn’t accompany him on the trip but has since flown to Florida to bring the kids back to the family home in Ohio.
According to Contactmusic.com, the cause of death is yet to be determined.
RadarOnline.com has reported that medical examiner Russell Vega says foul play or suicide is unlikely.
On April 20, the funeral is expected take place in Toledo’s Gesu Church.
After Jennifer Hudson, last October and John Travolta this January, Katie is the last Hollywood star to face personal grief. We’re hopeful she and her family overcomes the same with courage. -Sampurn Media
- Katie Holmes' brother-in-law found dead - Apr 16, 2009
- Tom Cruise asks grieving sister-in-law to move in with them - May 01, 2009
- Tom Cruise invites widowed sister-in-law into his home - May 01, 2009
- Rihanna drinks beer after grandma's funeral - Jul 11, 2012
- Rihanna devastated after grandma's death - Jul 02, 2012
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes part ways - Jun 30, 2012
- Rihanna scraps Spanish festival gig - Jul 04, 2012
- Holmes settles lawsuit with tabloid over drug story - Apr 28, 2011
- Heidi Klum loves Holmes clothing line - Jul 26, 2012
- Holmes' dinner date with lawyer - Jul 30, 2012
- Holmes refused Cruise's birthday request - Jul 05, 2012
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
- Katie Holmes visits Tom Cruise in Vancouver - Dec 17, 2010
- Suri to study in New York, Cruise hopes to meet her soon - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: 12 april, actress katie holmes, cause of death, courage, eldest sister, foul play, gesu church, grandmother, hollywood star, home in sarasota florida, jennifer hudson, john travolta, katie holmes, medical examiner, personal grief, personal life, tamera, toledo ohio, tom cruise, vega