Katie Holmes dons self-designed dress for White House dinnerMay 11th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 11 (IANS) Hollywood actress Katie Holmes wore a dress she had designed herself for the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.
The 29-year-old wore an ivory maxi-dress and mannish jacket selected from her Holmes-Yang collection, which has received mixed reviews from fashion critics.
Dailymail.co.uk reports that alongside the vibrant shocking pink of host Michelle Obama Katie’s designs seemed overly frumpy, swamping her petite figure.
Apart from Holmes A-list stars like Eva Longoria Parker, director Steven Spielberg, Sting and wife Trudie Styler and Christian Slater turned out for the dinner, which aimed to raise money to feed the hungry and to fund journalism scholarships.
- Beckinsale wears Indian designer - Aug 15, 2012
- Dad Elton John gets tips on tots from Sting - Jan 01, 2011
- Eva Longoria, beau lock lips in public - Mar 10, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Kimberly shows off her baby bump - Apr 22, 2011
- Geri Halliwell enjoys designing swimwear - Jan 30, 2011
- Sting reveals sex secrets - Jan 15, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Aniston gets Decade of Hotness award - Jun 06, 2011
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Suri in tears after mom refuses to buy her puppy - Jul 17, 2012
- Katie Holmes to showcase at NY fashion week - Aug 24, 2012
- Michelle Obama's dinner gown, made in India by an Indian - Nov 25, 2009
- Kim Kardashian wedding pics show her dressed in Vera Wang gown - Aug 22, 2011
- Sting says he likes 'dressing up' wife for the bedroom - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: actress katie holmes, annual white house correspondents association dinner, christian slater, correspondents association dinner, dinner london, director steven spielberg, eva longoria, eva longoria parker, fashion critics, hollywood actress, house correspondents association, journalism scholarships, michelle obama, petite figure, shocking pink, steven spielberg, styler, white house correspondents, white house correspondents association, white house correspondents association dinner