Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fitSeptember 6th, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Actress Jiah Khan, known for her unconventional looks and bold roles, says it is kathak that helps her keeping in shape.
“I do kathak three times a week for two hours. Initially, when I started it, I used to do it everyday and I lost almost five kilos. It is the only exercise I do. I have been doing it for the last eight months,” Jiah told IANS.
“My mother is a kathak dancer and she used to tell me that you are in Bollywood, you should learn some Indian classical moves, so I joined her in Mumbai and I love it,” she said.
She was here today to launch a book titled “Hair:Everything You Ever Wanted To Know”, written by Dr. Akshay Batra, managing director, Dr Batra’s Positive Health Clinic Pvt. Ltd.
Also present was Bharatiya Janata Party leader Maneka Gandhi and Barry Stevens, trichologist and hair scientist and founder of the Trichological Society.
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Diabetes can be found out through hair test first' - Sep 06, 2012
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 74 (Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 75 (Lead, Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- I want unconventional roles: Mrunal Jain (TV Snippets) - May 17, 2012
- The face of India at Edinburgh fest (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Dangerous' hair extensions should be banned, say UK experts - Feb 07, 2010
- Kathak queen Sitara Devi still youthful at 91 - Sep 02, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Naomi Campbell Going Bald In Certain Portions Of Her Head - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: actress, akshay, dr batra, eight months, exercise, gandhi, health clinic, janata party, jiah khan, kathak dancer, keeping in shape, managing director, New Delhi, party leader, positive health, pvt ltd, scientist, three times, trichologist