Kate Winslet to pen book on autismMarch 25th, 2011 - 12:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 25 (ANI): Actress Kate Winslet will author a book of celebrity self-portrait photos to support autism.
Publisher Simon and Schuster said that the actress would author a book of celebrity self-portrait photos by Ben Stiller, Jude Law and Meryl Streep. The book will be released later this year.
Winslet organized the collection of self-portrait photos for the book titled “The Golden Hat” after becoming inspired by an HBO documentary she narrated called “A Mother’s Courage: Talking Back To Autism” that aired last year, reports the New York Daily News.
The film shows Keli Ericsdottir, an Icelandic boy who suffered from severe non-verbal autism, eventually being able to communicate. He now composes poems, including one describing a magical hat that enables an autistic boy to communicate. The documentary derives its name from Ericsdottir’s work.
Winslet asked more than two dozen celebrities to take a self-portrait photo wearing one special hat that was passed along. Other well-known figures in the book include comedian Ricky Gervais, tennis player Maria Sharapova, singer Christina Aguilera and actresses Naomi Watts and Julianne Moore.
Proceeds from the book’s profits will benefit Winslet’s autism charity “The Golden Hat Foundation.”(ANI)
- Winslet stunned by response to charity project - May 11, 2012
- Winslet to write book for autism awareness - Mar 25, 2011
- Film moves Kate Winslet to start charity for autistic people - Sep 24, 2010
- Kate Winslet launches autism charity - Sep 24, 2010
- Kate Winslet to narrate docu on autism - Aug 27, 2009
- Sasha Grey publishes book with self-portraits, short essays - Apr 01, 2011
- Oxytocin activates brain function in autistic kids - May 20, 2012
- Awareness and empathy can embolden Autistic people (April 2 is World Autism Day) - Apr 01, 2012
- Need to sensitize society on autism - Apr 03, 2012
- Autistic teenager dies as tanning spray sets off fire - Jun 29, 2012
- Iconic Raphael self portrait under scrutiny after identical painting surfaces - Jan 28, 2011
- Andy Warhol's self-portrait to fetch $40m at NY auction - Apr 22, 2011
- Interest in toys predicts autism treatment's effectiveness in toddlers - Mar 23, 2011
- Answers emerge to some mysteries of autism - Oct 21, 2011
- Adele, Cowell paint portraits for Queen - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: actress kate winslet, autistic boy, ben stiller, christina aguilera, hbo documentary, jude law, julianne moore, kate winslet, maria sharapova, meryl streep, naomi watts, new york daily news, portrait photo, portrait photos, ricky gervais, self portrait, simon and schuster, singer christina aguilera, tennis player, york daily news