Kate Walsh Stops Her Performance Of “Dusk Rings A Bell”June 19th, 2010 - 8:42 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
June 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actress Kate Walsh recently stopped a performance of her play “Dusk Rings A Bell”, by Atlantic Theater Company which is her off-Broadway debut, when someone’s cell phone beeped and it interrupted a monologue of the actress’. Kate Walsh thought the noise was created by a cell phone and then she could not keep her calm when she saw a Blackberry out in the audience. She commented openly to the audience saying that the theater being intimate and small affects the performance of the actors when there is a noise as the performers might lose their concentration.
Kate Walsh said that she had only six minutes for her monologue and then this sudden noise distracted her and she saw a Blackberry flashing out right in the “blackout”. The actor was so disturbed that she stopped the play in the middle of the show. However, in the end Kate Walsh, known for her role as DR. Addison Montgomery on the ABC’s dramas “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice” was humiliated when she realized that the person whom she has reprimanded was hard of hearing.
The actress did not comment anything about the matter afterward though. Kate Walsh starring “Dusk Rings A Bell” began its previews at May 19 and officially opened on May 27 and the shows are extended to Saturday, June 26 Off- Broadway at Atlantic Stage 2. Stephen Belber’s play “Dusk Rings A Bell” is directed by Sam Gold and stars Paul Sparks with Kate Walsh. Recently Kate Walsh appeared on ABC channel’s show ” The View”.
- South Asians star in play on post-9/11 paranoia - Aug 21, 2011
- Actress Thora Birch Fired From Broadway's "Dracula" - Dec 16, 2010
- Kathleen Turner's Broadway show to close after just 8 performances - Apr 28, 2011
- Benjamin Bratt returns to TV in `Private Practice' - Aug 25, 2011
- Kathleen Turner Returning To Broadway With "High" - Jan 23, 2011
- Alec Baldwin returns to Broadway - Jun 29, 2012
- Kathleen Turner Returning To Broadway Once Again - Jan 22, 2011
- Brooke Shields returning to Broadway - Jun 22, 2010
- TV Actress Kate Walsh Concludes Divorce In LA - Apr 15, 2010
- Kate Winslet to make stage debut - Mar 17, 2012
- Kate Walsh's divorce is now finalized - Apr 15, 2010
- Gillard says her response to being called 'Ju-Liar' unsuitable for airwaves - Mar 15, 2011
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Shares Her Broadway Experience - Feb 05, 2011
- Justin Timberlake not dating, says representative - Jun 03, 2011
- Puerto Rican rapper Ivy Queen makes acting debut - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: abc channel, actress kate walsh, addison, anatomy, blackberry, blackout, broadway debut, cell phone, concentration, dusk, gina gomez, kate walsh, monologue, private practice, sam gold, saturday june, six minutes, stage 2, stephen belber, sudden noise