Kate Moss pics by Banksy fail to sellFebruary 25th, 2009 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 25 (ANI): Pictures of supermodel Kate Moss by well-known Brit graffiti artist Banksy, which were expected to fetch 150,000 pounds, have failed to sell.
The six prints of Moss, inspired by Andy Warhol’’s iconic image of Marilyn Monroe, were part of 78 lots being offered in London.
The screen prints were produced in a limited run of 20 sets, but because most were sold individually, complete sets are scarce.
They were featured alongside other Banksy works as part of Bonhams auction house’’s Urban Art Sale.
The urban art market remains buoyant judging by the interest this sale has aroused once more and we are pleased to continue to offer significant works by the most important artists in this field, the BBC quoted Gareth Williams, head of Bonhams urban art department, as saying. (ANI)
- Kate Moss Marilyn Monroe-style Banksy portraits for sale - Feb 20, 2009
- Kate Moss' London mansion on sale for $11m - Mar 09, 2011
- Kate Moss Andy Warhol-themed bday bash for Jamie Hince - Dec 21, 2008
- Brad Pitt buys graffiti art - Jun 23, 2012
- Print making now part of Indian artscape (With Images) - Jun 21, 2011
- Andy Warhol's self-portrait sells for $17 million - Feb 17, 2011
- Monroe's 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend' pink gown up for grabs - May 04, 2010
- A bit of bohemia in Delhi boudoirs (Weekly Art Column, Rainbow Palette, With Images) - Feb 20, 2009
- Andy Warhol's self-portrait to fetch $40m at NY auction - Apr 22, 2011
- Asian buyers start appearing on Christie's radar - Nov 16, 2010
- Andy Warhol self-portrait goes on display for the first time in 30 yrs - Feb 12, 2011
- Late painter Andy Warhol speaks to Lady Gaga in her dreams - Sep 13, 2010
- Marylin Monroe-JFK picture to go under the hammer - Nov 12, 2010
- Indian artist's painting fetches $300,000 in US auction - Apr 02, 2012
- German artists connect to India with hip-hop graffiti - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: andy warhol, art department, art market, banksy, bbc, bonhams auction house, graffiti artist, iconic image, kate moss, london feb, marilyn monroe, screen prints, significant works, supermodel kate moss, urban art