Kate Middleton’s teeth deliberately unalignedNovember 27th, 2011 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 27 (IANS) Kate Middleton’s teeth have been deliberately made “not too perfect” which helped her in giving a “natural, healthy smile, but not an artificial one”, a French dentist has claimed.
Didier Fillion uses a system of “micro-rotations” and gentle whitening to make teeth look spectacular. The process involves fitting invisible braces to the back of teeth to twist them very slightly until the desired look is achieved, The Sun reported.
A state-of-the-art computer system produces a virtual 3D model of what a patient’s teeth will look like when they’re finished.
A fellow dentist Bernard Touati claimed that the Duchess Of Cambridge has used Fillion’s services.
“You know why they look good? Because they are not absolutely aligned. “He (Fillion) did some little micro-rotations on Kate Middleton to produce something which is natural. That is what we like - a natural, healthy smile, but not artificial,” Touati was quoted as saying.
David Winkler, of the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry, said the trick was to aim for “harmonious asymmetry”.
“By slightly rotating teeth, it can break up that unnatural straight line,” Winkler said.
Fillion’s job takes six months to two years, and costs 4,000 to 11,000 pounds.
His other clients include actresses Kelly Brook and Sadie Frost.
- Is Kate Middleton's smile real? - Jan 13, 2011
- Popular teeth-whitening methods can rob you of your smile - Nov 05, 2010
- Women putting their health at risk by using DIY teeth-whitening: Scientists - Nov 05, 2010
- Best Teeth Whitening Products: What One Should Know - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Dental Facelift' promises to make you look up to 10 years younger! - Dec 13, 2010
- Dental facelift can make you look 10 years younger - Dec 13, 2010
- Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince Charles - Apr 30, 2011
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Official wedding pics hint Will-Kat's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton at risk of anorexia: Italian expert - Jul 05, 2011
- Kate's school occupied by squatters (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Energy drinks severely damage tooth enamel: Study - May 02, 2012
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: 3d model, actresses, aesthetic dentistry, art computer system, asymmetry, british academy, cambridge, david winkler, dentist, duchess, fillion, invisible braces, kate middleton, kelly brook, rotations, sadie frost, six months, state of the art, straight line, teeth