Kate Middleton’s Reiss dress being offered on eBayMay 27th, 2011 - 11:57 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, May 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Kate Middleton’s Reiss dress that she wore when she met President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama at the Buckingham Palace recently has become an instant hit. The £175 dress is being offered for up to £600 on the auction site eBay. The dress is currently out-of-stock in several US and UK shops.
Middleton is now officially known as the Duchess of Cambridge after getting married to Prince William. The couple met with Obama and Michelle earlier in the week during a banquet in honour of the American leader.
Shortly after the dress was shown, the rush for the dress which is called Shola started. After sometime, the manufacturers announced that they have run out of stock. With the dress out of stock, eBay became the next option for those who desperately wanted to have the dress. The strong demand for the dress helped push the price of the dress high with some sellers demanding as much as £600 for a piece.
During the Royal Wedding last month, the hat that Princess Beatrice wore during the ceremony was bought for as much as £81,000 on eBay. She promised to give the proceeds from the sale of the hat to charity.
- Kate Middleton's 'Shola' dress sells out - May 26, 2011
- Hat worn at British royal wedding on sale - May 12, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- British royals may sue if designers make 'Kate Middleton' dresses - Jan 11, 2011
- Kate Middleton engagement outfit flying off shelves in US - Feb 10, 2011
- Kate attends wedding of her matchmaker - Jun 12, 2011
- Middleton beats Timberlake as Hat Person of the Year - Jan 28, 2012
- Minogue wants to design for Kate - Mar 19, 2012
- eBay communities make participants better buyers and sellers: Study - Dec 18, 2010
- Obama's Chrysler 300 up for sale - Jan 27, 2012
- Michelle Obama's Hawaii wardrobe creates a controversy - Jan 02, 2012
- Pippa's dress again grabs eyeballs at boxing match - Oct 04, 2011
Tags: american leader, auction site, barack obama, buckingham palace, cambridge, charity, duchess, ebay, honour, kate middleton, london, michelle obama, prince william, princess beatrice, proceeds, reiss, royal wedding, rush, stock