Kate Middleton’s phone hacked?June 9th, 2011 - 11:40 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, June 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It seems Kate Middleton was being watched by private eyes as soon as her engagement to Prince William was announced. She has been brought into the controversial phone tapping scandal that took place in the United Kingdom.
British newspaper News of the World recently apologized to actress Sienna Miller for listening in on her private conversations after they admittedly hacked into her phone. The tabloid hired private investigator Jonathan Rees to place the bug in the phone of the actress. New developments suggest that Miller might not be the only person who was targeted by the newspaper.
Speaking on the floor of the British Parliament on Wednesday, Labour MP Tom Watson revealed that other public figures including former Prime Minister Tony Blair and some members of the Royal Family were targeted as well. The British Metropolitan police confirmed receiving several complaints which they said they are still investigating.
The Guardian reported that before becoming the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton’s phone was hacked by Rees as well. The newspaper also claimed that Prince Edward, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, Sophie and Countess of Wessex all had their phones bugged.
The publishers of News of the World, the News International, denied reports that Ress bugged the phones for them adding that he worked for “a whole variety of newspaper groups.”
- Kate Middleton's phone hacked? - Jun 09, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Why Prince William's wife will not be called as Princess Kate - May 01, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Royal Family drawn into phone-hacking scandal - Apr 10, 2011
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- News of World journalists arrested over phone hacking scandal - Apr 06, 2011
- How Kate Middleton's in-laws-to-be reacted to engagement announcement - Nov 17, 2010
- News of the World suspends news editor - Jan 06, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- News International acted decisively in phone hacking case: Brooks - Jul 20, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Apr 29, 2011
- UK watchdog launches probe into vital messages missing en route to India - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: british parliament, countess of wessex, duchess of kent, duke and duchess, duke and duchess of kent, former prime minister, jonathan rees, kate middleton, labour mp, minister tony blair, news of the world, phone tapping, prime minister tony blair, prince william, private conversations, private eyes, ress, sienna miller, tom watson, tony blair