Kate Middleton’s dress rakes in 10 million in ticket salesJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:58 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Buckingham Palace has announced that Kate Middleton’s wedding gown became the star attraction during last year’s exhibition at the palace. The Sarah Burton bridal gown attracted more than 600,000 people to the exhibition and that fetched the organizers a whopping £10 million in ticket sales.
Speaking about the exhibition, Director of the Royal Collection Jonathan Marsdon told reporters that the event was the “best possible start” for 2012.
Mardson was quoted by the Evening Standard as saying that, “Unprecedented numbers came to see the duchess’s wedding dress, as the centrepiece of a special display celebrating the role of British design.”
The 73-day exhibition was not only about Kate’s wedding dress. The wedding day earrings and the shoes that the Duchess of Cambridge wore on the wedding day also went on display during the event. The wedding cake and the Cartier tiara that the Queen borrowed to her have were also on display at the exhibition.
During the private tour at the palace just before the exhibition was opened to the public, the Queen famously described the handless mannequin as horrible, horrid and very creepy.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge married last year during a ceremony which was watched by millions of people worldwide.
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Hairstylist reveals Kate's wedding 'hair do' secrets - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton is fabulous: Joan Rivers - Oct 24, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Replica of Kate's wedding dress to hit stores - May 04, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's Reiss dress being offered on eBay - May 27, 2011
- Sarah Burton's army of 100 guarded Kate's fairytale dress secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Princess Diana's wedding dress on display - Oct 28, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: 10 million, best possible start, bridal gown, buckingham palace, centrepiece, duke and duchess, exhibition director, kate middleton, mannequin, private tour, rakes, sarah burton, star attraction, tiara, ticket sales, unprecedented numbers, wedding cake, wedding day, wedding dress, wedding gown