Kate Middleton gets Jaguar fleet for wedding ceremonyMarch 20th, 2011 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 20 (IANS) Kate Middleton has been given a 500,000-pound fleet of luxury cars so that she gets to the church on time for her wedding, after the British royal bride said she does not want to arrive in a horse-drawn carriage.
Palace officials have taken delivery of seven new Jaguar XJ limos for the wedding scheduled for April 29, the Daily Star reported.
The British-made cars were dispatched from the company earlier this month.
Kate had said she does not want to arrive at the Westminster Abbey in a traditional horse-drawn carriage.
Palace officials said the royal Rolls-Royces and Bentleys would be “too stuffy” for her and her groom, Prince William.
“When the Prince of Wales was attacked by students in his Rolls-Royce, it sent a message out about what people think is acceptable,” an aide said.
- Kate Middleton to arrive at wedding venue in car damaged by protests - Mar 22, 2011
- Prince William to arrive at wedding venue on horseback? - Apr 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Will-Kat to travel in over 100-year-old carriage - Apr 29, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Spots to watch William wedding procession on hire - Mar 28, 2011
- Prince William to star in upcoming flick 'Cars 2'! - Apr 21, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate to spend her last night as single in London hotel - Apr 15, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: april 29, bentleys, daily star, horse drawn carriage, jaguar, jaguar fleet, jaguar xj, kate middleton, limos, london march, luxury cars, new jaguar xj, prince of wales, prince william, rolls royce, rolls royces, royal bride, traditional horse, wedding ceremony, westminster abbey