Kate Beckinsale, Michael Sheens daughter has inherited acting skillsJanuary 21st, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 21 (ANI): Kate Beckinsale and her ex boyfriend Michael Sheen’’s daughter Lily is following in the footsteps of her thespian parents - she impressed an audience of her local drama group when she performed the lead part of Sophie in musical Mamma Mia!.
Lily, who turns 10 later this month (Jan 09), attends an after school club for budding stars and she dazzled an assembled crowd by taking on a starring role in the ABBA-inspired adaptation.
However, the youngster also had to take on a male role during the show - which she ended up enjoying a little too much.
“Lily did a production of Mamma Mia! with her local drama group before Christmas where she surprised us all by being able to sing brilliantly, Contactmusic quoted Sheen, as telling WENN.
“She played Sophie the starring role! In one performance she was Sophie and in the other one she played the guy Sophie gets married to, but because it was all girls they just cut all the boy parts.
“She had to draw a moustache on herself for the second performance and get married to Sophie that was her favourite bit,” he added.
However, Sheen is convinced that Lily won”t make the transition to Hollywood when she is older - because she prefers to be behind the camera.
“Shes a writer, she wants to write. Its what she loves doing, so she will probably do a bit of that,” he said. (ANI)
- Beckinsale won't mind doing a nude scene - Dec 11, 2011
- Beckinsale worried about daughter's future boyfriends - Jul 23, 2012
- Beckinsale's daughter not affected by her stardom - Aug 30, 2012
- Julie Walters honored with best actress gong at BPG awards - Mar 26, 2011
- Beckinsale's dressing hassles - Dec 22, 2011
- Amanda Seyfried Confesses "Mamma Mia 2" To Be A Rumor - Mar 28, 2010
- Michael Sheen recalls rejection days - Oct 31, 2011
- Coronation Street: Sophie and Sian elope! - Dec 02, 2011
- Beckinsale dislikes portraying weak women - Jul 31, 2012
- Beckinsale excited to be bad girl - Apr 26, 2012
- Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen to marry? - Apr 22, 2012
- Seyfried started Mamma Mia sequel rumours - Mar 29, 2010
- Allen set to party at The Ritz - Apr 20, 2011
- Kate Beckinsale's costume drama (With Image) - Jan 12, 2012
- Amanda Seyfried happy being single - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: abba, acting skills, adaptation, audience, crowd, daughter lily, drama group, footsteps, hollywood, jan 21, kate beckinsale, local drama, mamma mia, michael sheen, moustache, sheens, sophie, thespian parents, transition, youngster