Kashyap launches short film contestFebruary 1st, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 1 (IANS) Ahead of the India release of the Oscar nominated silent French film “The Artist”, filmmaker Anurag Kashyap along with Tanweer Films has launched a nationwide online short film contest.
Aspiring filmmakers are required to send three-minute black and white, silent, short films, which will be judged by Kashyap.
“I am very proud to be associated with the ‘The Artist’ and I think it is the finest film of 2011. I love the film for the sheer cinematic experience it offers and the nostalgia it evokes,” Kashyap said in a statement.
Directed by Michel Hazanavicius, “The Artist” is set in Hollywood between 1927 and 1932 and focuses on a fading male star and a rising actress and how silent cinema grows out of fashion and is replaced by the talkies. The film stars Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo. Tanweer Films is distributing the film in India.
“As cinema, ‘The Artist’ represents unadulterated and wholesome filmmaking wherein simple storytelling takes precedence over technical embellishment. For film lovers, this film is a study in the craft and the nuances of filmmaking…a must watch,” he added.
The winner of the contest will be flown down to Mumbai to watch their film, alongside Kashyap.
The director will also enlighten them on filmmaking abilities and give them tips on short filmmaking. The winning film will also be shown on an associated news channel.
Meanwhile, “The Artist” is on award winning spree. After bagging three Golden Globes, “The Artist” leads the nomination list of BAFTA.
- 'The Artist' wins best picture Oscar - Feb 27, 2012
- My films create a show, not reality: 'The Artist' director (Interview) - Feb 23, 2012
- 'The Artist' gets 12 nods, leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 17, 2012
- 'The Artist' cliched, melodramatic, but brilliant (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Feb 26, 2012
- Mcconaughey, Yeoh invited to Oscars board - Jul 01, 2012
- French film 'The Artist' leads 69 Golden Globe Awards nomination - Dec 16, 2011
- 'The Artist' wins top honours at BAFTA - Feb 13, 2012
- 'Hugo' leads Oscar nominations, 'The Artist' 2nd - Jan 24, 2012
- 'DAM 999' out, 'Hugo' leads Oscar nomination pack (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- 'The Artist' wins top honours at BAFTA (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Sarkozy congratulates 'The Artist' team - Feb 28, 2012
- 'The Artist', 'Hugo' in tie with five Oscars each (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Hazanavicius wins best director Oscar for `The Artist' (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Hazanavicius wins Oscar for `The Artist' - Feb 27, 2012
- It's start of an American movie career for me: Jean Dujardin (Interview) - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: aspiring filmmakers, berenice bejo, cinematic experience, embellishment, film contest, film lovers, filmmaking, french film, golden globes, hellip, jean dujardin, male star, michel hazanavicius, nuances, precedence, short film, short films, silent cinema, storytelling, talkies