Kashmir stay is fulfillment of a family dream: SRKSeptember 6th, 2012 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 6 (IANS) Hoping that his stay would encourage others to makes films in Kashmir, Shah Rukh Khan Thursday said he had never felt “this kind of happiness in life before”.
Addressing a crowded press conference here, Shah Rukh, who ended his shooting in Kashmir for Yash Chopra’s untitled directorial venture, said: “Naturally, people who hear me would like to come here either to make a movie or to simply see the beauty of the place. I never felt this kind of happiness in life before. I do not know what exactly it was.”
The actor found himself playing real life crowd controller at his press interaction here where most of the people had turned out to have a glimpse of their favourite superstar rather than listen to his views.
Dressed formally to attend his first media interaction at Hotel Lalit Palace overlooking the Dal Lake in Srinagar, Shah Rukh had to get up from his chair to maintain order so that he could hear questions posed by media persons.
Even though attendance at the much awaited media interaction was by invitation, many people, who were not even remotely connected with the press, managed to enter SRK’s media briefing.
The 46-year-old said his first experience with Kashmir had been so rewarding that he would be talking about it to his family and friends for the next 15 days.
Asked whether his visit would give a fillip to Kashmir as a Bollywood destination in future, SRK said: “I am not such a big person that others would follow me, but I have shot films in Switzerland, Mauritius, London and other places and the beauty of Kashmir is definitely unmatched by any other place. Inshallah, other filmmakers will come here to shoot their films in future.”
After shooting for Yash Chopra’s untitled film in famous tourist spots Pahalgam and north Gulmarg, SRK is scheduled to fly back to Mumbai Thursday. He was sad that his stay in the Valley has come to an end.
“It was always my father’s dream to take me to Kashmir because his grandmother belonged to this place. Although I could not come here in his lifetime, yet making it finally to Kashmir has been the fulfilment of a family dream. I am happy it has been finally realised,” he said.
Asked about Kashmir being portrayed in a certain manner especially since violence broke out here, he said: “Different people have different ideas. Films are just the reflection of a society and it depends on a storyteller what kind of story he wants to tell. For example, I am presently here shooting for a love story.”
About the negative portrayal of Muslims in the West, SRK said: “We should not get into a negative attitude. I think all of us must explain to others that what some of us might be doing by way of violence has nothing to do with our religion.”
Commenting upon his larger than life stature in the Indian film industry, he said: “God has always been very kind to me and everybody has been nice to me.”
The film also features Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and is scheduled for a Nov 13 release. The first teaser of the film has already hit the theatres.
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Pahalgam (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Shah Rukh prays for 'RA.One' animator Charu Khandal - Mar 28, 2012
- SRK 'ek kamre mein band' a la 'Bobby' - Sep 04, 2012
- Sunny Leone house hunting (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Kashmir - Sep 03, 2012
- Kashmir makes SRK relax, unwind after years - Sep 01, 2012
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- 24 years on, SRK again woos fans as army man - Sep 06, 2012
- Shah Rukh hopes to be home for Eid - Aug 16, 2012
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- A lonely Eid for SRK - Aug 20, 2012
- SRK begins his first ever shooting schedule in Kashmir Valley - Aug 27, 2012
- Priyanka heads for London to promote 'Barfi!' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
- My kids are also my competitors: Shah Rukh Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- KJo wants Ravi to dance on Bhojpuri songs (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: crowd controller, dal lake, directorial venture, family and friends, family dream, fillip, filmmakers, first experience, glimpse, gulmarg, kashmir, lalit, media interaction, media persons, pahalgam, s media, shah rukh khan, tourist spots, untitled film, yash chopra