Karl Lagerfeld defends fur industryJanuary 4th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 4 (ANI): Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld has defended the fur industry saying ”beasts” in the wild would “kill us if they could.”
The 75-year-old mogul said in a radio interview that while he himself does not wear fur, an entire industry depends on the trend to make a living.
He added that the animals should be killed “nicely” if possible, reports the Telegraph.
The supreme, who defended the fur practice, saying there was “an industry who lives from that”, insisted that it was “childish” to even discuss the issue of wearing fur in a world where eating meat was normal.
Hunters in the north “make a living having learnt nothing else than hunting”, he said, “killing those beasts who would kill us if they could.”
“I can hardly eat meat because it has to look like something what it was not when it was alive,” he said.
He concluded: “In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish.”
In an interview on the Radio 4 Today programme, Lagerfeld also said the issue of size zero models was insignificant compared to the “zillions” of fat people.
But he said: “In France there are, I think, less than one per cent of people who are too skinny.
“There are nearly 30 per cent of young people who are too fat. So let’’s take care of the zillions of the too fat before we talk about the percentage that’’s left.” (ANI)
- Karl Lagerfeld's cat launches her own Twitter account - Jun 07, 2012
- Vanessa Paradis new face of Chanel handbags - May 24, 2010
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- Loads of money not needed to be well dressed: Lagerfeld - Apr 26, 2011
- Karl Lagerfeld apologises to Adele - Apr 04, 2012
- Designer Karl Lagerfeld says no one wants to look at fat models - Oct 12, 2009
- 'Gossip Girl' star Blake Lively is the new face of Chanel handbags - Jan 06, 2011
- Fossil of new dinosaur species found in China - Oct 10, 2010
- Karl Lagerfeld to design helicopters? - Apr 07, 2012
- Karl Lagerfeld: 'I don't like Pippa Middleton's face' - Aug 01, 2012
- Rachel Bilson creates a buzz in Magnum Ice Cream ad - Apr 22, 2011
- Adele responds to Karl Lagerfeld's "fat comments" - Feb 10, 2012
- Eating cheese every day 'could increase bladder cancer risk' - Feb 10, 2011
- Want a flat tummy? Don't rely on low fat foods! - Jan 17, 2011
- Hindus laud District of Columbia for encouraging vegetarianism in schools - May 02, 2011
Tags: animals, beasts, chanel, designer karl lagerfeld, eating meat, fur industry, hunting, karl lagerfeld, london jan, models, mogul, radio 4, radio interview, shoes and clothes, size zero, telegraph, zillions