Karisma my biggest critic, liked my ‘Heroine’ performance: KareenaSeptember 18th, 2012 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 18 (IANS) Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor, who is busy promoting her forthcoming film “Heroine”, says elder sister actress Karisma is her biggest critic.
“Karisma saw the film Sunday night and after seeing her positive reaction, I felt I have done my job. She is my biggest critic. She was crying for ten minutes after watching the film. For me, that was the most special moment of my life,” said Kareena, at a press conference here Tuesday to promote “Heroine”, depicting the ups and downs in the life of a superstar named Mahi Arora.
The film’s director Madhur Bhandarkar was also present on the occasion.
The film also stars Arjun Rampal, Randeep Hoda, Shahana Goswami and Divya Dutta.
Praising Kareena’s performance in the film, Bhandarkar said: “She has never played a character like this and I am sure people will like her work. Her character is very complex and edgy. And moreover, ‘Heroine’ is an intense but a very entertaining film.”
The 31-year-old actress, who is reportedly getting married to actor Saif Ali Khan Oct 16, is keeping mum about the wedding date and other preparations, saying it is not the right time to talk about it.
“I have been hearing all kinds of news from people and everyone is asking about it but whenever me and Saif will plan to do it, our fans will get to know about it 100 percent,” she said.
She denied it was due to “Heroine” that she was not talking much about it.
“No, it is not so. This is not the right time to talk about it. I want people to talk about my work and films. Whenever we decide, we will never hide,” she said.
The film releases Sep 21, which also happens to be Kareena’s birthday and she wants “positive feedback from fans” as her birthday gift.
- Saif will announce official wedding date, says Kareena - Jul 26, 2012
- Kareena will be a shocker in 'Heroine', says Bhandarkar - Jan 10, 2012
- Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Confident, not over-confident of 'Heroine', says Kareena - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Heroine' will be Kareena's best film: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Even I can't wait for Kareena's wedding: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Kareena cruises on stardom in Dubai (With Image) - Sep 04, 2012
- Kareena to do item number in 'Heroine' - Mar 28, 2012
- Kareena Will Bring In Her 30th Birthday In Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Being part of 'Heroine' was my destiny: Kareena - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: actor saif ali khan, actress kareena kapoor, arjun rampal, birthday gift, divya dutta, elder sister, forthcoming film, goswami, heroine, kareena kapoor, madhur bhandarkar, moment of my life, New Delhi, positive feedback, right time, saif ali khan, special moment, superstar, ups, ups and downs