Karisma Kapoor, David Dhawan team up after nine yearsMay 23rd, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) They have given comic hits like “Jodi No.1″, “Haseena Maan Jaayegi” and “Biwi No.1″. Now Karisma Kapoor and filmmaker David Dhawan are teaming up after nine years, but this time to judge a new comedy reality show “Hans Baliye”.
While Dhawan is known for churning out a series of successful comedies, Karisma has portrayed a number of comic roles in her career. They had last worked together in 2000 in “Chal Mere Bhai”, which also starred Sanjay Dutt and Salman Khan.
In their new roles on television, they would judge eight real-life celebrity couples who will vie with each other by cracking jokes and enacting spoofs to win the “Hans Baliye” trophy. The show will be aired on Star One and will debut May 30 at 8.30 p.m.
According to Dhawan, it was “the uniqueness and of course the comic aspect” of the show that made him agree to become a judge.
“Comedy is something I personally enjoy and watching these couples showcasing their humorous side will surely be a treat to watch. The show promises to be interesting and engaging,” Dhawan said in a press release from Star One.
Karisma said she was attracted by the “amazing concept to search for India’s best real life comedy couples”.
“On Indian television, we have a plethora of reality shows such as talent shows for dancing, singing, etc but ‘Hans Baliye’ gives a platform to real life couples to showcase their talent to a wider audience. Making people laugh is not an easy job. It requires a whole lot of dedication and hard work. I am looking forward to having a good time on the show,” she said.
Among the participants on the show are television actors Tanaaz and Bakhtyaar Irani, Delnaaz and Rajiv Paul, newly-wed Juhi Parmaar with husband Sachin and Sara Khan with beau Ali Merchant.
- Hans Baliye judges Karisma Kapoor and David Dhawan party with contestants - May 29, 2009
- Karisma Kapoor and David Dhawan will be judges for Hans Baliye - May 24, 2009
- Karisma mum on pregnancy rumours - Sep 23, 2009
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- Abbas Parekh wins 'Wife Bina Life' - Mar 13, 2011
- Post-IPL, channels vie to get back viewers - May 26, 2009
- Dina Lohan all set to produce her own reality show - May 30, 2012
- What makes Bollywood singers, choreographers love TV - Jan 12, 2011
- Tanaaz Bakhtiyar out of Hans Baliye - Jun 06, 2009
- Pooja Batra cameo in 'Hum Tum Shabana' - Sep 27, 2011
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Bold and Beautiful' ran for years then why my show!- Juhi Parmaar - Jul 30, 2009
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Comedian Margaret Cho To Display Her Dance Moves On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 11 - Aug 31, 2010
- Quick money lures TV actors to reality shows - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: bhai, celebrity couples, david dhawan, easy job, haseena maan jaayegi, having a good time, humorous side, indian television, irani, karisma kapoor, life celebrity, life comedy, nine years, rajiv, reality show, sachin, salman khan, sanjay dutt, spoofs, television actors