Kareena Thinks Saif Needs To Take Himself More SeriouslyMay 7th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
When Kareena Kapoor saw Saif dressed up as a Sardarji at a trial show of Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal she couldn’t recognize him
So complete was Saif’s transformation that seen out of context Kareena failed to recognize Saif in the sequences featuring him as a Sardarji
“This has got to be the most convincing disguise ever on screen. Even I got taken in ,” says Kareena appreciatively. “People will forget Saif is a Khan. He’ll think he’s a Sardarji.”
Tell her Kareena’s cousin Ranbir is also playing a Sardar in Shimit Amin’s film and she quips, “Ranbir has a tough act to follow up.”
And now Kareena has made a decision on Saif’s behalf. She won’t let anyone take Saif’s talent for granted, not even Saif himself.
When Aamir Khan decided to get some of his A-Lister colleagues together for a meeting about the deadlock between film producers and multiplex owners he also called up Saif Ali Khan whose instant reaction was, “Why me?”
Explains Kareena, “Saif just doesn’t take himself seriously enough. When Aamir invited him for a very exclusive meeting about the crisis regarding the release of films Saif “s reaction was to wonder why he’s being invited for such an important meeting.”
Saif feels Kareena needs to take himself more seriously now. “After his performance in Love Aaj Kal and Rensil d’Silva’s film I’m convinced Saif’s best time begins now. But he doesn’t know how to market himself.”
Sadly, Saif has no time to imbibe Kareena’s strategies on career management.
No time for love! That could be the theme song for the Saif-Kareena relationship at the moment.
Because Saif has absolutely no time for love…or Kareena.
“His first love these days is Love Aaj Kal, his first production. Saif lives eats breathes and sleeps with the film these days. He has no time for anything else,” grumbles Kareena godnaturedly, and adds she has seen Love Aaj Kal twice.
“This is Saif’s best performance after Omkara. I’m so proud of him. Love Aaj Kal is as much my baby as Saif’s .I’m going to be completely involved in the publicity marketing everything. This is our first production and we’re going to make it rock.” -Sampurn Media
- 2 Characters 2 Time Zones For Akshay, Saif - Jun 10, 2009
- Spice up V-Day with romantic Bollywood movies - Feb 09, 2012
- 'Cocktail' has promoted itself: producer - Jul 11, 2012
- Saif to star in film adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's '2 States' - Nov 15, 2010
- No IPL, I'm not a billionaire: Saif Ali Khan (Interview) - Jan 20, 2011
- Saif, Kareena spend quality time with Pataudi, Sharmila - Aug 03, 2009
- Rishi Kapoor's First Retrospective (Neetu Can't Come Because Of Ranbir) - Sep 20, 2010
- Deepika keen on women centric films - Jul 11, 2012
- I want 'Love Aaj Kal' to break all records: Kareena Kapoor - Jul 28, 2009
- Vexed Saif starts Agent Vinod - Jan 07, 2010
- I Have Been a Huge Fan Of Saif Since i Saw Him in Dil Chahta Hai - Jun 23, 2009
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012
- Heroine not just for glamour in films: Sriram Raghavan - Mar 24, 2012
- Saif not playing superhero in my film: Luthria - Jun 20, 2012
- Saif still perfect for love stories: Deepika - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: aaj kal, aamir khan, best performance, best time, career management, deadlock, disguise, film producers, first love, imtiaz, instant reaction, kareena kapoor, lister, omkara, ranbir, saif ali khan, sardar, sardarji, shimit amin, subhash k jha