Kareena pesters me to find a nice girl: Vivek OberoiMay 16th, 2009 - 8:42 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Vivek Oberoi, whose name is now being linked to sitar player Anoushka Shankar, says good friend Kareena Kapoor pesters him most to find a suitable match for himself and settle down soon.
“The pressure (of getting married) is on, not only from my family but from even Bebo (Kareena’s pet name),” Vivek, who will be seen with Kareena and Saif in Rensil D’Silva’s untitled film, told IANS in an e-mail interview.
“Every time we go out for dinner, she would shake her head and tell me - ‘find a nice girl and settle down’ and I would hide behind Saif to dodge the bullet. We had some great laughs,” he said.
Vivek’s personal life has always been in the spotlight - from the time his engagement to long-standing girlfriend Gurpreet Gill broke off to the short but much-hyped relationship with former beauty queen Aishwarya Rai. But now the actor is single.
He reasons his stag status by saying: “I’m single because I am waiting to find the girl who will make me want to never be single again.”
His personal life apart, Vivek has his hands full with big banner movies like Ram Gopal Varma’s “Rakta Charitra”, Prakash Jha’s “Rajniti” and Tips Films’ “Prince” besides Rensil D’Silva’s untitled romantic thriller.
So Vivek will be back with a bang after experiencing a series of ups and downs in his career.
Vivek is in no mood to assess his stint in Bollywood since his launch in Varma’s “Company” in 2002 as he says he is still raring to go.
“When I retire, I will have enough time to sit back in a rocking chair and judge my career. Right now, it’s time for me to grab every opportunity and give it my very best,” said Vivek, who was loved by audiences in films like “Saathiya” and “Yuva” as well.
The actor also spoke about the only mistake he thinks he made during his seven-year-old career.
“What went wrong in between was that I had forgotten why I came here…to be an actor…just that…Not all the trappings of stardom but just the pure fire of burning desire to act,” he said.
Now Vivek says he has set a goal for himself.
“Every day, in every way, I want to be better and better…that is my mission and my prayer,” he said.
- Neha in Karan Johar's next untitled project - Jun 15, 2012
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Why Vivek Oberoi missing from 'Kurbaan' promos? - Nov 13, 2009
- I've got my dream role in 'Rakta Charitra': Vivek Oberoi - May 31, 2009
- Vivek Oberoi gifts Kareena-Saif an impromptu holiday - May 08, 2009
- Vivek Oberoi missing in the promos of Kurbaan - Nov 12, 2009
- Karan Johar chooses his directors on instinct - Jan 28, 2012
- I play terror mastermind in 'Kurbaan': Om Puri - Sep 19, 2009
- Kareena's role in 'Kurbaan' similar to Katrina's in 'New York'? - Nov 19, 2009
- Saif On The Dilemma Of Doing Torrid Love Scenes With Kareena - Jul 05, 2009
- Not Without Kareena: Saif Shoots Music Video Solo - Oct 30, 2009
- No swine flu worries while shooting in New York: Rensil d'Silva - May 23, 2009
- 'Kurbaan' director Rensil D'Silva upset with UTV - Nov 24, 2009
- From Kaal to Kurbaan - Oct 26, 2009
- Rensil's 95-Year Old Grandpa Is The Inspiration For Kurbaan - Nov 23, 2009
Tags: aishwarya rai, beauty queen, e mail, kareena kapoor, launch, mail interview, nice girl, oberoi new delhi, pet name, prakash jha, ram gopal varma, rocking chair, romantic thriller, saathiya, saif, tips films, untitled film, ups and downs, vivek oberoi, yuva