Kardashian sisters sued for $5 millionMarch 3rd, 2012 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
New York, March 3 (IANS) Socialite Kim Kardashian and her sisters - Khloe and Kourtney - have been sued for $5 million for allegedly making false statements about a weight-loss drug they endorse.
The trio endorses diet product QuickTrim, designed to detoxify the body and enable weight-loss.
However, four angry customers, who reportedly purchased QuickTrim because of their endorsement, have now taken legal action against the Kardashians, alleging the stars make bogus statements about the drug’s effectiveness in advertisements, reports nypost.com.
A portion of the complaint reads: “In reality, QuickTrim’s main ingredient is a large dose of caffeine, which the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) has determined is not a safe or effective treatment for weight control.”
- Cookie crisis for Kim Kardashian - Dec 30, 2009
- Kim Kardashian plans to take weight loss supplement - Jun 22, 2011
- FDA Nixes Weight Loss Drug Lorcaserin On Safety Ground - Oct 26, 2010
- Britney Spears finds it hard to be like Kim Kardashian - Sep 07, 2012
- Kim Kardashian 'Highest Paid Reality TV Star In 2010' - Dec 08, 2010
- Kardashian's bachelorette bash in Vegas - Jul 25, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian refuses to take a DNA test to find out who her father is - May 22, 2012
- Kardashian sisters' shoe dilemma! - Aug 08, 2011
- Kardashain sisters facing $75m lawsuit over credit card deal - Jan 09, 2011
- Kourtney Kardashian gets engaged to beau Scott Disick - Feb 16, 2011
- Kim remembers dad at wedding - Aug 22, 2011
- Kardashian sisters sued for $75 mn - Jan 09, 2011
- Kardashian not reuniting with Austin - Nov 02, 2010
- Television Personality Khloe Kardashian Looses Weight Remarkably - Jul 15, 2009
- Does caffeine boost exercise performance? - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,