Karan Johar not keen on making legendary love storiesJuly 17th, 2012 - 1:07 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 16 (IANS) Filmmaker Karan Johar Monday said that legendary love sagas does not inspire him and he believes in recreating new stories for his films.
“Everyone wants to make a legendary love story. But ‘Laila Majnu’, ‘Romeo Juliet’ have already been made. I don’t think history inspires me, I would rather create stories,” said Johar, at a promotional event of Bela Sehgal’s “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”.
He was speaking after unveiling of the film’s second poster, which depicts lead pair Boman Irani and Farah Khan dressed as Rahul and Anjali from Johar’s own “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”.
Unveiling the poster, he said: “It feels stunning. I never thought I would see these visuals again after 14-15 years.”
According to Johar, Boman and Farah are a “legendary lovers of Indian cinema” and they bring an “unusual love story” with them.
“The promos of the film have been fantastic. There is a sense of humour about it. That’s how Farah and Boman really are. I think it’s great and I am sure it will do really well and live up to its fantastic image,” he said.
Johar said he “loves” the lead couple and says that pairing them together was a “genius idea” on Bela’s part.
“This is an unusual love story. Full credit goes to Bela for conceptualising this. Boman is an excellent actor, and to choose Farah was a great idea. There could not be a better Shirin than Farah Khan,” he added.
Even though the poster of the film was a recreation of a still from KKHH, director Bela Sehgal clarified that it has nothing to do with her film and was a mere “promotional” activity.
“In the film there is no one as Rahul and Anjali, it was a promotional activity. This was something very sweet and cute. It (KKHH) was a lovely film, so we thought we will use something about this in our film as well,” she said.
The first poster of the film depicted a scene from Salman- Madhuri starrer, “Hum Apke Hai Kaun” and there will be one more classic couple from Bollywood in the next poster, she revealed.
“Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi” is a story about a middle-aged couple who fall in love with each other. Boman Irani w ill be seen opposite Farah for the first time.
For director-turned-actress, Farah, the toughest part was to get up in the morning and get ready for her shot.
“For me, the worst part was to do hair and make up in the morning and then to go and do romantic scenes with Boman. But Bela made me feel very comfortable,” she said.
–Indo-Asian News Ser vice
- Farah, Boman's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' moment - Jul 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- Boman romances Farah in 'Shirin...' at wife's behest - Aug 22, 2012
- I'm not comfortable with romantic scenes: Boman Irani - Jul 28, 2012
- We all want Sanjay to get married: Bela Sehgal - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Shirin Farhad Ki...' has an unusual story: Madhuri - May 31, 2012
- When Farah danced to Geeta's tune - Jul 15, 2012
- Farah got kiss scene removed from 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jul 27, 2012
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- Laugh away with comedies this weekend (IANS Preview) - Aug 21, 2012
- Mom-in-law upset with Farah Khan - Aug 07, 2012
- Bela Sehgal doesn't rule out 'Shirin Farhad...' sequel - Aug 25, 2012
- The perks of being Sanjay Bhansali's sister - Jun 28, 2012
- Farah relieved after promos of 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jun 14, 2012
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
Tags: anjali, boman irani, farah khan, genius idea, hum apke hai kaun, indian cinema, karan johar, kuch kuch hota hai, laila majnu, love stories, love story, promotional activity, rahul, romeo juliet, sagas, sehgal, sense of humour, shirin farhad, toh, visuals